Ice!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
Pretty grim right now: rain/wet snow which is now producing some very, very dangerous conditions on untreated road.

Just taken Mrs S two hours to travel 5 miles. Some roads blocked by stranded/pranged vehicles, finest moment she had watching a twerp in a Punto trying to overtake a delivery van moving at an appropriate pace for the conditions (dead slow) and promptly rotate off into the undergrowth.

Looks like it is going to get worse. Our Council has responded in magnificent fashion:

News Flash - Snow Update

"Due to the snow fall the Council offices will be closing today at 4pm but will re-open as normal at 8.30am on Monday"

news flash - snow update

"due to the snow fall the council offices will be closing today at 4pm but will re-open as normal at 8.30am on monday"

lol :d

Punto driver:
"There was this stupid delivery driver in front of me who was too scared to drive at the correct speed, and was holding up the traffic, so I decided to overtake him, and hit a patch of black ice. It was all his fault."

Roads are awful!! Daughter has just had an accident in her new Ka, light snow on an icy road, even with ABS she just couldn't stop! She is badly shaken but no injuries!! From what i've heard the suspension is f**ked but only light body damage!

I was just about to drive over to her but heard a thump outside, 2 cars had hit each other just 3 feet away from my car!! Needless to say i moved my car and will now stay indoors as our road is a solid sheet of ice!!!!!:(

Guys, I notice you're in Surrey. Any idea what Kingston is like at the moment. I work up in Bucks, and am going to my xmas do tonight, but will be heading back that way afterwards. I dont want to get caught out.

Best Regards

Jim

I'm in Hampton Court , the main roads are clear , but the side roads are skating rinks.

However , the temperature has dropped from 0 degrees at 15.30 to -3 at 16.30 , so there will be ice around.

I'm in Sunbury, the snow is settling fast on the roads. It's only the traffic on the main roads that's keeping them clear. Be prepared for fun and games on the side roads.

Is it snowing in Sunbury ? it's not here ...

Finished snowing for the time being in Surbiton, but -3.5 and slippery

We had 6 inches of snow last night, first of the year.

I was pleasantly surprised with the W220.

Getting down a steep hill through our village this morning was a bit hairy. I stopped at the top to ponder it when some old duffer in a sheepskin coat driving an S type Jag cruised past, weaved around the stupidly parked lorry and off into the distance. I was, of course, buggered now as if he could make it then I had to as well. Was OK, into neutral and steer around the obstacles.

Coming home was OK on the bus routes but the slope down our road to my drive was all compacted, untreated, snow - again into neutral and easy does it.

Worst bit was a couple of uphills where I planned a it of a run up and kept the autobox in 3rd with light throttle pressure.

Not going to tempt fate and will now stay at home till it's over.

Where is Cripple Creek ? ;)

Bryngwyn ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom