Ice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

comports

Car
CLK 350 Cabriolet
Hi All,

If one has comand 2 in the car does the nav disk go in the head unit or is it a seperate changer somewhere.

If it goes in the single slot can you not play Audio CD's when using the nav..?

I believe it goes in the slot on the comand.

I'm sure I read the following elsewhere on a forum.
Once you have planed your route, you can take nav CD out and use the slot for playing CD's.

I've never tried it, I have a comand APS, but will do and let you know.

Regards,

Alex.

Im pretty shure its a seperate changer that the disc stays in mostly in the boot, i may be wrong though ?

Not even the Nav unit in the boot that I already have..?

I have the 6 disc changer and the Nav changer in the boot..

Hi Television,

I have an older HU at the moment. I think its APS 30 or something. It has a small screen on the HU tha displays arrow directions and the front flips down to reveal a tape deck.

It connects to a unit in the spare wheel (like a single cd unit) that contains the GPS map and I also have a 6 disk cd changer in the boot..

Let me get this right.
You have a comand 2 with a CD slot, and you have a 6 disk CD changer in the boot, and you also have a NAV changer in the boot?

No... I don't have comand yet. That's what I need to get straight in my head first.

I think mine is an APS 30. A single din head unit up front, (has flip down panel for tapes) connected to a 6 disc changer in the boot and a nav changer in the spare wheel well in the boot. I ejected the disc and it's a 1998 nav disk in there..

What I want to know is - When I add comand up front, can I use the nav changer on the boot for the nav disk leaving the single din slot in the comand head unit for normal cd's. If not, I assume my 6 disc will still plug into the comand for the audio cd's..

Does that make it clearer..? (I'm crap at explaining things - Sorry)

One thing is deffinatly for shure and that is that your CD changer should most probably work with the new Comand but im not too shure about the navigation unit in the spare tyre well

OK got you now.
Comand CD has to stay in the slot up front I think
Put 6 music CD's in the boot and you're all done.
And yes the 6 disk changer will still be used
No idea why there is a NAV changer in the boot, unless the previous owner had a comand and took it out prior to selling the car.

Also send a pm to Alfie, he is a member here and will do you a good price for comand installed and you will get a warranty with it

Regards,
Alex.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,

speedybiker - the nav disc in the boot is for my current system. It has the small screen that displays arrows and shouts at me when I go the wrong way. Basic MB nav system I think.

Hi - I did spot this but I'm still confused (it doesn't take much).

I have the updated cluster (not fitted yet) and am looking for the upgraded wheel.

Will this change things re comand version that I need..? Do I have to fit canbus with the new wheel/dash and is it difficult/expensive to do..

If I do get all of this will I then need a different comand unit.?

My head hurts now.:confused:

Can get heavily confusing dont blame you at all Ash, looks as if we have to wait for Alfie to help out with this one. Why dont you PM hism aswell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom