Icelink Problems...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheltenhamshire

Hi all newbie here in need of help! I have a 2003 C200K Coupe with Audio 10 head unit.

I bought and have had fitted a Dension Icelink. The problem I have could be 1 of 3 things.

1. The Icelink does not work, I think this is unlikely as when I connect the ipod to the cable it acknowledges it (a dension logo and text appears on the ipod) and it charges the ipod.

2. The Audio 10 unit is faulty, it plays cd's fine and the radio is fine, steering wheel controls etc but the installer was saying that someone he deals with that repairs Audio 10's (and other Becker units) advised him to look at the fibre optic port on the back, turn the radio on and off and it should flash red 4 times. My unit did not do this and so could be duff?

3. The unit was not disconnected from the battery on install because I do not have the code (getting it from the dealer on Saturday who will also test to see if the unit is duff) .... could it be that I need to reset the unit (i.e. disconnect power, enter code and it will wake up and recognise the icelink?). I have read on a US forum about units with no cd changer attached need a version code from the DAS computer to wake up the fibre optics enabling it to recognise either the changer or icelink?

Anyone else have any other ideas, experience of this?? I am getting very annoyed as the Dension is £200....plus I have had to pay for fitting for something that is junk at the moment as it does not work.

Incidentally, when I press CD twice that should bring up the CD Changer / icelink mode...but it is not doing that.

All help gratefully recieved!!

:(

Okay, so I take it to the dealer this morning. There is no code for this unit, okay fair enough. But they do need to reset the Fibre Optic...so they do this but still it does not work.

This the error code N1112 No data transfer between D2B master and D2B predecessor component possible.

So what does this mean, that the Icelink is screwed or the Audio 10?? Naturally it has to go in again.....for them to take the whole dash apart to look at the wiring of the unit. They are also saying that this unit is not the original....because the laptop showed it had no settings against it. Yet my car is 2.5 years old...and was supplied by them to the previous owner. I am getting really p*ssed off now.

Somebody must be able to help?!?

:mad:

Thanks for that Tan, unfortunatly it has all been a waste of time. The Merc dealer said it was wired up wrong....they redid some of the wiring .... and then the sound quality was shite. So it is going back.

My advice to everyone, don't bother with Dension Icelinks....total crap.

:mad:

I had one in my Audi TT, and the sound quality was excellent, i guess wiring yours up wrong probably broke it.

I hate the motor trade....almost everyone is an amateur....and then they blame everyone else for something going wrong....and who is left disappointed and usually broke, why yes...me the customer.

:crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom