IDE laptop HDD ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Olivier

MB Enthusiast
Car
E300 TD
Hello,
My laptop HDD seems to be running all the time and rattling...
Apparently not a great sign...
Anyone would have a laptop HDD, IDE, 40gb minimum for sale?
Cheers.
Olivier

I don't, but I would say that if your laptop was originally equipped with a 40gb IDE hard disk drive, then it would probably be around 10 years old by now? Just wondering why you're keen on keeping it?

I don't have an IDE hard drive, but I can offer an external 2.5" USB housing for IDE HD, so you can safely copy your data, once you got the replacement HD. The housing is a quality SimpleTech box. Don't need any money for it, as long as you take care of postage.

Last edited:
Unfortunately with hard drive prices at the moment may be worth thinking of a total upgrade:confused:

True, though I wouldn't have though that anyone still makes IDE drives, in which case it will all be old stock and not necessarily affected by the floods in Thailand.

I don't, but I would say that if your laptop was originally equipped with a 40gb IDE hard disk drive, then it would probably be around 10 years old by now? Just wondering why you're keen on keeping it?

The connections on the laptop are IDE, I got it last month second hand, this is why I like to kee ip. I am really happy with it, it does the job and it doesn't have thosenew glossy screen that hurt the eyes after awhile ;)
Its an IBM Thinkad T41. Really good to me :D
The body is a wee shabby and I might need some parts some time but its functional :)

I don't have an IDE hard drive, but I can offer an external 2.5" USB housing for IDE HD, so you can safely copy your data, once you got the replacement HD. The housing is a quality SimpleTech box. Don't need any money for it, as long as you take care of postage.

Hi Dave,
you have a U2U ;)
Cheers.
Olivier

I also have one out of an old t41, but I also have a t41 or t42 that you might be interested in for spares anyway? Various odds and sods I think too like spare cd/DVD odd memory stick, I used to have about 6/7 of them at various times and rarely got round to selling them or trashing them! Pm me if any intereat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom