Idea for a kitchen worktop ice maker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Would it take much to build one capable of 6 or 8 ice cubes?
To produce that amount in 3 minutes it would be quite an expensive appliance & would consume a fair bit of energy (approx 2 kw). Kitchen worktop ice machines that produce 9 small ice 'cubes' in 10 minutes already exist, using conventional refrigeration.

To produce that amount in 3 minutes it would be quite an expensive appliance & would consume a fair bit of energy (approx 2 kw). Kitchen worktop ice machines that produce 9 small ice 'cubes' in 10 minutes already exist, using conventional refrigeration.
I had one of these, great little machine. Water filled a cavity and the probe sat in there. The probe then froze the water, making the ice. Once frozen, the machine slighty heated the probe so the ice would fall off it. I ended up getting rid of it as ice is very readily available (except maybe in very hot weather) but it was probably cheaper than the cost of powering the machine.

I do like your idea and would love to see it working. I don't think there is anything on the market that does what yours does. It's great for the single drinker but perhaps takes too long if you had to make up 3 or 4 drinks. Hats off to you for making something though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom