Ideal for shopping at Ikea...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timskemp

MB Enthusiast
Car
W213 E220d
And you're expecting what, pictures of an E estate or a Vito?

flatpack1.jpg

flatpack2.jpg

"The sky's the limit!" :D

He's lucky you don't have that much room in an SLK ! :)

That's right! Wonder if my wife could manage in an SL? She certainly didn't have enough room in an SLK:eek:
I consider myself very luck having never set foot in an Ikea store!:thumb:

Thanks! I love the contrast in the photos:

rich enough to own a SL, frugal enough to buy self assembly furniture.........great.

Lol... I have to admit i went to ikea and got carried away a few years back..

I bought one of those pre made huge pictures of the new york skyline.

Then i got ouside and remembered i had decided to come in the E220 Cabrio...

The frame is still warped and doesnt sit properly on the wall.

Love it. Followed a 124 cab. with a sofa of some sort in the back (roof down) earlier in the year.

i personally think some of Ikeas solutions are brilliant... whilst sure, some items are total waste of time, i do like some of the concepts...

My sunroof has come in handy a few times I can tell you when wanting to transport lengths of wood over 3 metres long.

I've seen unsecure loads like that come adrift as the car picks up speed - very dangerous - hope he got pulled for it and forbidden to continue .

I've seen a couple of convertibles used like this recently too.

One at Costco loading a largish LCD TV into the back of a 3 Series Cabrio and another at Ikea loading some flatpack into a Saab Convertible.

My old MX-5 was very handy for transporting tall plants around for the same reason. As for long loads from ikea: city car + a couple of racket straps from Poundland = sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom