Identify hardware/software versions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jobela

Hello, all!

First, congrats to the forum owners and moderators!

Now, my problem: I just bought a W203 C200CDi estate Merc from 2003 (November) and I'm having trouble identifying the equipment installed.

How do we recognize the hardware, the hardware's version, the hardware's operating system version and the maps version for the navigation system.

If possible, I would like to upgrade them, but first I have to identify what I have...

It has a command unit dunno if 2.0 or 2.5, and the navi cd (it's a cd) is from teleatlas travelpilot 2003/2004 dx (Q4 ?). It has a number in it, 200 5056.

I can't seem to find another way to identify the hardware in order to upgrade it, or the hardware's operating system version, or the navi maps version.
confused.gif

Any help?

TIA

Is this any help? The version numbers are slightly out of date as I put this together a few months ago.

Identifying

Ok, many thanks for the info.

Is that for the audio system or the navi system?

TIA

I would suggest you have a comand 2.0
But Im not sure what you want to upgrade? The only thing you could do is upgrade the firmware to my01 if its not already done and or buy a new navi cd.

I think you are asking how to interrogate comand ?

Try Richards wonderful web site

Comand Menu's

Joe

Identifying

Ok, so I got to Richard's site (very good), but still I'm not able to identify what I have, what I'll need, and how...:confused:
What I want is a more complete navi map. For that, I believe I must identify what I have...:confused:
Maybe if I post some pictures,:rolleyes: you could help better?

This is my command unit
http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=processorsil9.jpg

processorsil9.jpg
commandss8.jpg
configurationdl9.jpg

and all the pages and sub-pages I can get. What do I do with it?

processors2vm8.jpg
shbd9.jpg
fisxs1.jpg

coprofz9.jpg
naviuv5.jpg
cdromka3.jpg

tmcvs3.jpg
tvdq2.jpg
d2bgu8.jpg

configuration2ls2.jpg
d2bhighlx1.jpg
d2bcompgz0.jpg

d2berrorlistrl0.jpg
configurationdl9.jpg

Any ideas?

You have a comand 2.0 dx and you need a 2007/2008 teleatlas CD.

For this I would suggest you PM Alfie on here or go to www.comand.co.uk and they will sell you the correct cd for your setup.

Alfie

Ok, so how can I get in touch with him?

Is that the operating system cd? The map cd? both?

Thanks for your help

I Give Up !!!

Over the last days, I burnt more than 30 cd's to whatever program (Nero, Imgburn, Clone cd, Alcohol...) in all the different ways (mode 2 form1, mode 1, mode XA...) at a 1x speed and nothing seems to work. Have I got a Knackered unit (Comand 2.0 APS DX)???
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif

surrender.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif

Any help available will be taken
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
(thinking of buying a cd - Talk to ya later, Al...)

TIA
bowdown.gif

If your COMAND is reading your current older map disk OK there is no reason to think that it is faulty.

What are you trying to burn to CD :confused: :confused: ??

If it is the ISO image of the MY01 update you should be able to use "burn from image" at about 4X to a CDR. However (and this is a BIG but) if you have a faulty firmware disk then as a result you can seriously mess up your COMAND - the kind of - back to the dealers, "do I have to buy a new Nav System?" kind of mess :crazy: .

The MY01 CD from the dealer is around £10 including VAT

If it's not the MY01 firmware what are you burning? Presumably you already have functional (although old) versions of the Nav disks.

It's worth knowing that these are copy-protected and as a result even if you do manage to get a working image the copies generally put additional load on the COMAND CD drive to compensate for read-errors.

Last edited:
Over the last days, I burnt more than 30 cd's to whatever program (Nero, Imgburn, Clone cd, Alcohol...) in all the different ways (mode 2 form1, mode 1, mode XA...) at a 1x speed and nothing seems to work. Have I got a Knackered unit (Comand 2.0 APS DX)???
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif
crybaby2.gif

surrender.gif

mad.gif
mad.gif

Any help available will be taken
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
(thinking of buying a cd - Talk to ya later, Al...)

TIA
bowdown.gif

What disk are you after?

discs

Looking for the 2007/2008 Portugal cd, but dunno if it will need a firmware update, so maybe both cd's

Why do you need to update the firmware?

If you see the star logo on start up....you have the latest (my01) update

More Information is available here Link

As it has been said, If you are using copied navigation cd's you may get all kinds of errors.

Joe

Theres a surefire way to backup your disks - a one that will work; however I will only tell you how to do this once you prove you have an original CD and only want to backup so as not to say leave in a cabriolet, actually even then I don't think I would.

Looking for the 2007/2008 Portugal cd, but dunno if it will need a firmware update, so maybe both cd's

Sounds to me like you've been trying to use an illegally copied nav CD. You shouldn't be surprised if that doesn't work.

What's wrong with paying the map company for their hard work by buying a legal copy? :confused:

Backup

Ok

Everyone seems to think I'im trying to do something illegal.

I'll borrow a scanner and prove you wrong, just give me a couple of days.

Don't take this as criticism, I would problably do the same, and I thank :D you all who cared to respond.

"I'll be bak" :)

Pictures

First, thank you all who care to respond.

I do have the original cd, the problem is it's from Germany, no use of it in Portugal. The dealer will not exchange it for a Portugal one. I know I could sell it on ebay, buy a Portugal one from ebay, but I don't trust the net to do so. Besides, I could end up with a non working copy. It's not the money, it's the principle to it. If I have the original from Germany, why won't the dealer exchange it for a Portugal one (even outdated)? Surely someone will need it... My cd is from 2003/2004, and looks like this:

cdlx6.jpg
coverga8.jpg
discqn3.jpg

Loading the software:

img0051ua6.jpg

The logos:

logokr7.jpg
logo2io0.jpg

After pressing mute+1+3:

img0056fj6.jpg
img0057st3.jpg
img0071zd5.jpg