Identify the part please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marquisofraspberry

Car
C270 cdi Estate 2002, C220 cdi Estate 2004
As the title says. Newly acquired C270cdi estate, opened bonnet to check fluids and this box of tricks is loose (see photo). There are two screws that appear to have held it in once, but the aperture it's sticking out of appears home made. There is an unreadable barcode and the digits R18057 on the unit. A single cable disappears, I'm yet to be able to trace it. Any ideas?

Attachments

• W203.gif
    W203.gif
    931.4 KB · Views: 80
I did try a wider shot but the image was too large to upload, it's just above and to the left of the horns.

That’s intriguing! When it was mounted which way did the arrow on the sensor point?

Could it be a radar detector or jammer?

It does look like part of a distronic set up,what you can see is that it has been broken off ,leaving what I assume is the backing plate,what does the build sheet say.

If you post up your VIN[chassis no] -- you will find it on top of your dash WDB 203 **********---- someone can look up the cars build [options] sheet to see if it was fitted

Traced the thin cable back along the nearside of the car, it follows the rear washer pipe then it disappears down into the depths.

Attachments

• 20190228_134124.jpg
    20190228_134124.jpg
    921.8 KB · Views: 31
I dont think that is a standard or even mercedes part.

There wouldn't be a need to cut a hole in the plastic if it was.

I'm going with radar detector or something along those lines are there any switches hidden in the drivers foot well to switch on or off or control volume?

Failing that check through the fuse box and tick off what should be there and see if anything has been added.

Using Google Lense on my iPhone pointed at your picture it comes up with ... remote radar detector
Now I've wiped the gunk off the front of the unit, it has a lens which would stack up as a radar detector. No head unit inside the car and doesn't appear to be rigged up to the comand either.

look around sometimes radar are rigged to little LEDs lights that can be placed anywhere maybe around the speedo or something like that. If it's an audible one there could be a little knob hidden usually in the drivers footwell or under the steering wheel.

I try to find some pictures of what i mean.

Cant see any lights as in your first picture and nothing apparent in either footwell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom