Identifying a dealer stamp in service book

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sjmaxwell

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2016 SL63
I've got a dealer stamp in the service book and wondered who they are.

It says Mercedes Benz Fleet Management Sales & Service and a Dealer ID of 17233 (I think but it's not clear)

Anyone know a phone number and where they are?

What result did your friend come up with?

/www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/passengercars/home/financial_services/business_solutions/supporting_your_fleet/fleet_management.html

How's that then?

Thanks. I found that but cant see how that translates to Dealer I.D 17233 who did the service unless it was a virtual service over the net :)

There are some places set up just for servicing cars outside of the retail network.

There is one place we buy cars from that is basically a trade only auction but they have two Mercedes technicians who basically service every single mercedes before it enters the sale and it is give an authorised Mercedes service stamp.

Im sure they will have similar setups for large fleet customers etc.

All got very interesting today as the car broke down. Called Mobilo who were very nice but as it stands at present, do not recognise that service stamp so I'm not covered!

Fortunately after an hour the car started and seems fine except the engine diagnostic light is on.

They are going to investigate more on Monday and produce a letter confirming that the stamp is false.

Now, does anyone know what the course of action should be with a) the independent dealer who sold the car; and/or the previous owner as someone is falsifying documentation and I feel an appointment with a solicitor coming on!?

send them a letter of rejection or compensation (whichever route you choose)... give them 14 days otherwise get the solicitor involved.

Thanks Jaymanek, although I cant prove the car dealer did it?

And thanks Nick Mercedes - No it doesn't look like that but I bet Mercedes will be very interested!!

Also worth bearing in mind that just because mobilo dont accept it, doesnt mean its not a genuine stamp.. see my earlier post.

I assume its the 2003 CLK we are referring to here.

Yes it is the 2003 CLK. I've found out that the car went to a British Car Auctions Blackbushe at Easter but the stamp is dated February. The previous owner says they didnt have it serviced after August 09 so it is looking odd.

I'm assuming that these "genuine stamp" service operations will be known in the UK and if this is the case will put Mobilo right when its looked into on Monday?

They should be yes... BCA would not have been involved in servicing, if you want, I can find out the mileage when it entered BCA? You could ring them yourself too.. any problems, I have an account with them and can just ask.

Thanks Jaymanek. If you can confirm the miles that might be very helpful :thumb:

Was this car sold at auction by MB Leasing, if so has it been through the end of lease prep centre and possibly had a service there?

Have you contacted Mercedes Customer Service yet?

I had a chat with the previous owner (he was the 5th) and he said he took it to auction but I suppose a chat to MB Customer Service wouldn't hurt. Do you know a non 0800 take-you-round-the-houses number?

Alternatively I could say the book is lost, get a duplicate and then have it serviced at the local MB dealer before the 19th August! :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom