Identifying an LSD for C63 W204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icecoolwas

Car
W204 C63 AMG 2012 FL
Evening people,

I have a 2012 saloon C63 AMG with an open diff.

I've a friend who is breaking a 2012 Coupe C63 and has the diff available.. He is not sure if it's and LSD but it has the part number on a sticker as "20435037131598389009". I have tried searching for this code online however have had no luck, unfortunately can't give MB part's counter a call to see if it is in fact an LSD.

So two questions.. Does anyone know if the part number "20435037131598389009" correlates to a limited slip differential?

Also I assume the diff from a coupe would fit a saloon am I right?

Many thanks

If you ask your friend to give you the full 17 digit Vin# of the car he is breaking, you can enter it into the website below and see if it has an LSD fitted as stock as it will be an option 471.

Alternatively put the diff up on jack stands and rotate one wheel by hand with the car in gear. If the other wheel turns backwards then there is no working limited slip unit inside. If the other wheel does not turn when the car is in gear but turns in the same direction when out of gear then there is certainly a limited slip unit in there. Especially if you cannot turn them in different directions by hand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom