Identifying Bury Phone Kit Model

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BQF

Car
E55 AMG 2004
My S211 came with an aftermarket phone kit, with an antenna tax disc holder, it's made by Bury. I believe it's just a mount, and needs a specific holder (I have an iPhone).

How do I find out which system it is if I don't have the manual? Is the only option to take it to an auto-electrical place?

:dk:

The base plate into which the cradle clips looks similar regardless of which system it is .

The earlier System 8 uses 'take and talk' cradles which contain quite a lot of functionality in themselves , including Bluetooth and DSP depending on model .

With the later System 9 , the cradles only hold the handset and provide a charging function : they are designed to be used with a separate Bluetooth system either integral to the car or by Thb Bury themselves such as the CC9060

You need to get the correct cradle for the system you have : System 8 and System 9 cradles look physically similar and will plug in , but the iPhone System 8 cradle has the Bluettoth transciever built in and would conflict with the separate Bluetooth transciever used with system 9 , while the system 9 cradle would only charge the phone and would not operate with System 8 .

Both systems are very good - I have System 8 in two of my cars and a recently acquired System 9 / CC9060 in another car .

If you can trace the wiring from the baseplate back to the electronic box , this will have a sticker on it to indicate which model you have .

Cradles for either system are readily available from Codewing who are the official UK importers or from a variety of other sellers .

Further information is available from BURY TECHNOLOGIES GmbH & Co. KG there are pages in English selectable near the top .

Last edited:
The base plate into which the cradle clips looks similar regardless of which system it is .

The earlier System 8 uses 'take and talk' cradles which contain quite a lot of functionality in themselves , including Bluetooth and DSP depending on model .

With the later System 9 , the cradles only hold the handset and provide a charging function : they are designed to be used with a separate Bluetooth system either integral to the car or by Thb Bury themselves such as the CC9060

You need to get the correct cradle for the system you have : System 8 and System 9 cradles look physically similar and will plug in , but the iPhone System 8 cradle has the Bluettoth transciever built in and would conflict with the separate Bluetooth transciever used with system 9 , while the system 9 cradle would only charge the phone and would not operate with System 8 .

Both systems are very good - I have System 8 in two of my cars and a recently acquired System 9 / CC9060 in another car .

If you can trace the wiring from the baseplate back to the electronic box , this will have a sticker on it to indicate which model you have .

Cradles for either system are readily available from Codewing who are the official UK importers or from a variety of other sellers .

Further information is available from BURY TECHNOLOGIES GmbH & Co. KG there are pages in English selectable near the top .

That is very helpful, thank you. I don't suppose anyone knows where the electronic box is usually fitted?? Is it under the bonnet (all the wiring disappears under the carpeting)

I have mine in the centre console under the radio . There's only 400-450mm of cable attached to the base , so the box can't be far away !

Try lifting the carpet and follow the cable !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom