Identifying Engine Spec E350's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cell

Car
E350 Estate Sport
I'm on the market for a E350 Estate W212 and I'm aware that the larger 265bhp was introduced after Q2 2011. Looking around various adds there's a lot of variation on the BHP quoted with some 2010 cars saying 265BHP, which of course is probably wrong.

Could some of you wise sages out there help me out on how to identify the correct engine for the 265BHP version, I'm guessing it will be on the car somewhere?

Also are they only fitted to the Sport model? Or was it available for the Avangarde and Executive models?

My W212 E350CDI Avantgarde was built at the end of April 2011 and was an early 265bhp car, so they were being built at the beginning of 2011Q2.

There aren't any readily identifiable features on the car that I can remember that allow you to tell whether its a 232bhp or 265bhp car, although mine did have a build label on the boot floor under the carpet that identified it as being 195kw but I don't know it that's present on all examples.

The 265bhp V6 was fitted to both Sport and Avantgarde models, but was never available in the SE or Executive trim.

If you can get the CO2 omissions for each car you can tell. From memory the 265bhp is around165 and the 230bhp is around 195.

I guess with the license plate you could do this via the DVLA?

^ Good call. I hadn't thought of that!

Yeah it is a good idea. Thanks.

My 265 was registered in September 2010.

It is identified as such in the 'model' section of the V5C

The emissions are 162 G/KM.

I thought it was also Q2 2011. My 350 coupe (231)was registered in March 11 with a build date of Dec 10, seems strange that they would be building both engine versions at the same time.

The lower power engine continued in the Coupe and Cabriolet for some considerable time after the higher output engine was introduced to the saloon and estate.

Thanks guys, guess the V5 will be the best spot, hadn't realised the emissions are stated on it. Mins can't even remember the last time I studied a V5 :)

If in doubt floor it and if it hits 60 in 6 seconds it's a 265bhp:D

If in doubt floor it and if it hits 60 in 6 seconds it's a 265bhp:D

Oh don't say that as I'm now in a dilemma. Two cars each with the different engines, but the lower sized engine is higher spec and pano. But it's white which is putting me off big time, wife loves it. I prefer a silver one which is 265 no pano.

I think we have some driving to do tomorrow, Sheffield and Nottingham from Leeds.

Oh don't say that as I'm now in a dilemma. Two cars each with the different engines, but the lower sized engine is higher spec and pano. But it's white which is putting me off big time, wife loves it. I prefer a silver one which is 265 no pano.

I think we have some driving to do tomorrow, Sheffield and Nottingham from Leeds.

Mine is an iridium silver 265 with pano roof and lots of extras( it was the last registered sport edition 125 in the uk-January 15 th 2013),averages 38 mpg over a tank and loads of power when needed-white doesn't age well in my honest opinion,good luck with which ever one you choose.

They are both on a par with each on on balance, although the white one is a little higher milage, but lower in price.

oh I don't know, this is doing my swede in lol. I'll think about it further over a drink lol

Oh Steve, on the question of pano, I've seen a couple of videos with an electric screen going over both sections? Is that correct or are they just an American spec spec.

Oh Steve, on the question of pano, I've seen a couple of videos with an electric screen going over both sections? Is that correct or are they just an American spec spec.

Mine has the electric blind,works well-not sure if it was an edition 125 extra or standard though?

Mine has the electric blind,works well-not sure if it was an edition 125 extra or standard though?

Ok thank you. With the limited budget and very specific engine size the pickings are very slim. Will not having 265bhp bother me so much, probably not, having as many bells and whistles bother me more, probably.

Meh.

oh I don't know, this is doing my swede in lol.
Ha ha! Now there's a sarf lunden expression ;)

Pano roof has electric blinds that "spread" forwards and backwards from the centre divider.

The 232 vs 265 question is easy when spec's are the same because the 265 has the better 7g+ gearbox, and is circa 4 - 6mpg more economical. My personal experience is that if you're looking at a Sport trim car which has the anthracite headliner, it's very claustrophobic without the pano roof. If you're looking at a car with a light headliner it makes no difference other than pose value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom