Idiot Mercedes Drivers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Agreed there is some dire driving on there but it amazes me how sanctimonious people are. Everyone makes the odd mistake but these camera warriors obviously never do........

I saw a range rover last week stationary on a roundabout with a queue behind him because he was dicking about with his dash cam.

Doesn't help that much of the footage has been speeded up to make the driving appear more reckless. I would add aggressive to the sanctimonious description.

Some poor driving and odd naughty / dangerous (A class jumping a red) but nothing ridiculously dangerous to anyone with any ability encountering such driving.

What stands out to me also just how impatient, angry and intolerant some motorists are in response...

I've watched a lot of car crash type clips from other countries so that is probably why this driving doesn't seem that bad - puts things into perspective.

Yep, some bad driving, but the guy approaching the round-a-bout wasn't on the round-a-bout when the little A class joined it. You only have to give way to the right to vehicles already on the round-a-bout, and not give way to the right to vehicles that haven't yet joined the round-a-bout.

Also, the Silver Merc that pulled out from the side road, then stopped because he saw the motorbike approaching, didn't deserve the abuse thrown at him. This can happen to any one of us trying to negotiate a junction when there are cars parked either side of the junction.

Too many people have the 'my right of way' attitude, and while some of us can make mistakes, such as picking the wrong lane, others of us stick to our guns enforcing our own perceived right of way. What is wrong with allowing a vehicle in to 'our' lane?

flat6buster has hit the nail on the head, and I reckon half of the clips are in direct retaliation because someone else was not forgiving. Admittedly, the clips showing red light jumping are bad, but some clips don't show the whole story. I bet a few clips have been edited to remove what happened prior to the edited clip.

A few weeks back, I allowed another Mercedes right of way because not to do so would have caused a blockage. As he drove passed me, instead of thanking me, he huffed as if I was a some sort of sub human. Ironic really, simply because my Merc was newer and higher spec than his, but some people just put themselves on a pedestal and think that they are superior.

Blimey. I mean, I even allow Audi drivers out from side roads when in a queue of traffic. Forgiving or what...

Some of these seem to be the kind of thing that happens when you're slightly lost. - You know you need to get off on the roundabout, but not which exit for example.
Your satnav gives you stupid instructions like "bear right, then turn left."

Some of those mistakes are exacerbated by the owner(s) of the dash cam. - Surely you can see they want to change lanes, but you're going to be a d!ck and then abuse them when they are forced to chance a lane change.

Some of the driving was inconsiderate, some incompetent and some just genuine mistakes which we all make.

Mistakes and even incompetence, perhaps due to old age I can tolerate but arrogance not so much. It's undoubtedly true that in affluent areas some prestige cars are driven with arrogance and incompetence in equal measure. It puzzles me why they drive something so big when they can't really cope. Well actually no it doesn't puzzle me at all, I know they drive something big just to show off, which when they can't cope with it, makes them rather sad.

Last edited:
Many of these problems do seem to arise from navigation errors or people being in the wrong lanes. This is particularly prevalent in what I call multi-lane roundabouts. In a complete stroke of perverse thinking those constructing such roundabouts have clearly marked the various lanes with arrows on the tarmac. Now at times when relatively free of traffic these marking are readily visible to the "motoring stranger" indicating which lane to be in. However the road engineers/traffic planners seem unaware that at times of high traffic density these markings are obscured by vehicles on top of them and the first indication a "motoring stranger" may have of their desired direction is a signpost on their intended exit as they drive past it. Result can be motoring mayhem. :dk:

The road markings have certainly caught me out before. - I want to go straight-on and am already in the right-hand lane, then get to the intersection and notice it's right-turn only so I am forced to put my most apologetic face on and try to move left.

Now I'm sure there's a BMW 5-series behind me going apoplectic on his dash cam about it.

I agree with all of the comment above .

There were a few pieces of truly terrible driving ( running red lights and the White Merc weaving through traffic on the motorway ) , but there were also a number of clips which , I too thought , were people in unfamiliar areas being unsure of where to go .

There certainly was a lot of intolerance , aggression and horn blowing on the parts of the camera car drivers - certainly hereabouts , that sort of behaviour is likely to result in the car in front stopping abruptly and rewarding the horn blower with a 'Glasgow Kiss' :D

The use of horns in just about every incident was wrong - used as a rebuke after some event , rather than pre-emptively as a timely warning to prevent something happening .

It also struck me that some of the camera cars were following too close , leaving insufficient space for others to join or change lanes , or in the case of the motorcyclist , perhaps approaching too quickly or not cautiously enough to allow for other traffic with restricted visibility - too many people wrongly presume that others are aware of them .

As already mentioned there were some bad pieces of driving and some were navigation errors.

What really amazes me is SOME of the cars with cameras. They either have no awareness of whats going on or 'cause they have a camera' dont seem to care if they crash because it'll be 'the other guys fault'.

Also, whilst I enjoy these types of videos as a general rule. I would suggest the guy that made it gets a girlfriend instead of searching for car make specific clips.

Some of the driving was inconsiderate, some incompetent and some just genuine mistakes which we all make.

Mistakes and even incompetence, perhaps due to old age I can tolerate but arrogance not so much. It's undoubtedly true that in affluent areas some prestige cars are driven with arrogance and incompetence in equal measure. It puzzles me why they drive something so big when they can't really cope. Well actually no it doesn't puzzle me at all, I know they drive something big just to show off, which when they can't cope with it, makes them rather sad.

I'm currently winning 3 nil on the transit van - v - range rover wing mirror country lane war !

However the road engineers/traffic planners seem unaware that at times of high traffic density these markings are obscured by vehicles on top of them and the first indication a "motoring stranger" may have of their desired direction is a signpost on their intended exit as they drive past it. Result can be motoring mayhem. :dk:

Filter lanes are a nightmare for the unwary, as are filter traffic lights. One caught me out a month or so ago when I got the green light, only to realise after I started moving that it was a green arrow pointing to the right, instead of straight ahead.

Traffic planners need to use more foresight, and county councils need to ensure signs are visible. It's no good having a road sign reducing the speed from the National Speed Limit to 30 mph if the overgrowth has covered it.

At 5.25mins the vw was in the wrong lane anf cut in from of the mercedes it seemed.

I assume you found the clip on a BMW forum. Either that, or via the Rover 200 Owners Club. Bothof them safe havens for paragons of driving safety.

The video should be renamed "Sanctimonious dash-cam drivers beep their horns at people who are lost".

At 5.25mins the vw was in the wrong lane anf cut in from of the mercedes it seemed.

Yes, the person in the Merc correctly indicated to change lanes and began to do so.

Then the rse in the camera car decided to be impatient, beep the Merc because the camera car didn't think they should ever be allowed to change lanes, and then proceeded to overtake badly to "get them back" for doing nothing wrong in the first place.

Always reminds me of Alastair Stewart, who used to narrate Police Camera Action in a rather supercilious tone until he ended up driving drunk straight into a bush.

The reason I am a forgiving driver is because I have made the same mistakes as every other our sole on the roads. There is no such thing as the perfect driver, because to err is human, and a computer cannot predict what a human can.

Every single one of us has made some error of judgement since we have passed our driving test, regardless of how insignificant or significant that mistake was. In the video clip in the opening post, the Mercedes drivers made errors of judgement, either intentionally or otherwise, but the owners of the cars with Dash Cams also made errors of judgement; they weren't driving Mercs.

:thumb:

We've all done it after one too many.

More than I care to remember.

The drinking and crashing into a bush thing - not presenting Police, Camera, Action in a rather supercilious way that is...

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom