Idiot Vectra driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

garystu1965

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Coupe
On my way to work I have to pull out of a road on a bend of a main road.

This morning I pulled out and as I joined the road a Vectra flies up right behind me (probably jumping a red light at the lights just round the corner I can't see).

He swerves to avoid me and joins the outside lane of the dual carriageway hammering it on his horn. "Beeeeeeeeeepppppp".....

When I catch up with him at the next set of lights he's gassing away on his mobile !!! (I saw him on his moby as he overtook me earlier)

He looked across and shook his head in disgust.

What a t*55er.

You should have pulled over and beaten him up....!!! :devil: (joke) :D

Looks like standard Vectra driving to me!

Allan

Yeah, they've taken over from 'Cavalier' drivers'......lol......;)

If I was you, I would have blocked him at the lights, got out of my car and open his door then take his car keys and ask him whats he playing coz if its fine and well there no accident, but would he be sorry if there was an accident. I would basically put the fella in his place. :mad:

That would teach him a leason.

he may have been trying to prove he was the "victor"

Mercedes cozy said:
If I was you, I would have blocked him at the lights, got out of my car and open his door then take his car keys and ask him whats he playing coz if its fine and well there no accident, but would he be sorry if there was an accident. I would basically put the fella in his place. :mad:

What is it with this agressive vigilante attitude of people seizing the keys of vehicles that give them displeasure.

I can see the next post..... 'all i did was jump out of my car after blocking him in, opening his door and seizing his keys and shouting at him, then would you credit it he got out and hit me.'

Discretion is the better part of valour.

Flasheart said:
seizing his keys and shouting at him, then would you credit it he got out and hit me.'

If someone tried to seize my vehicle's key then I would "retrieve" the key regardless under any circumstances. I know someone who actually had "encounter" with a off duty Police officer who tried to seize the keys of a vehilce and the officer was on the recieving end after trying to play the hero without knowing the full facts first.

Flash said:
If someone tried to seize my vehicle's key then I would "retrieve" the key regardless under any circumstances. I know someone who actually had "encounter" with a off duty Police officer who tried to seize the keys of a vehilce and the officer was on the recieving end after trying to play the hero without knowing the full facts first.

I would do the same, but then again, no one could get my keys out because:
1) the key wouldn't come out with it still in gear and
2) my car doors auto lock:bannana:

Last edited:
As a previous Vectra driver (maybe I shouldn't admit that) It's well regarded in Vekkie circles to drive like that-They are all office racers after all.

Mercedes cozy said:

That's pretty big talk, but ultimately pretty stupid :confused:

Blocking someone's car with your own could constitute dangerous driving (very serious) and land you in trouble, while opening the door of someone else's car (let alone taking the keys) and then "putting someone in their place" would probably result in that individual (justifiably) defending themselves, either appropriately or inappropriately depending on your luck. If you did any of those things to me (and I'm sure I speak for most people here), you certainly wouldn't get an opportunity to put me in my place...

The roads are crammed full of idiots, so these kinds of incidents are commonplace. If we all lowered ourselves to the levels of those we complain about, we'd hardly have a basis for complaint in the first place, would we..?

reflexboy said:
As a previous Vectra driver (maybe I shouldn't admit that) It's well regarded in Vekkie circles to drive like that-They are all office racers after all.

Me too. I had a 1998 2.0 DTi LS and it was blander than beige paint :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom