Idiot....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You could see there was a transit in the lane you were joining yet made no attempt to slow down, even though they have right of way, aswell as seeing the Corsa up ahead.

Without the Corsa slamming on brakes you would have cut up the transit anyway (it which you did), as with all these videos the driver is as much as fault as the other vehicle IMO.

Ok, fair enough the Corsa slammed on brakes, Person obviously didn't know area/turn off. + at least they where indicating.

I think that your actions against the transit equal that of the Corsa drivers IMO

Hardly worth downloading it to PC then all the effort of uploaded online is it?

Last edited:
What cam is that? - the quality looks good.

I have one of those - it was ok but there are much bettter ones for the price.
Which ones do you think are better then? As I am considering one at the moment. I do like its small size though.

The junction layout merging doesn't appear to be that brilliant either.

Sorry the Corsa driver is at fault - crossed a solid white line......
As for the merging. Looked fine to me.

Sorry the Corsa driver is at fault - crossed a solid white line......
As for the merging. Looked fine to me.

You do realise that the van had right of way and merging at 10-20mph faster, While giving a couple of metres space is dangerous?
If the OP wasnt going so fast and had held off behind the van its likely that noone would have had to brake at all as a result of the Corsa's actions.

You do realise that the van had right of way

That's about the size of it.

https://www.gov.uk/motorways-253-to-273/joining-the-motorway-259
Motorways (253 to 273)

1. General (253 to 254)
  2. Motorway signals (255 to 258)
  3. Joining the motorway (259)
  4. On the motorway (260 to 263)

1. Lane discipline (264 to 266)
  2. Overtaking (267 to 269)
  3. Stopping (270 to 271)
  4. Leaving the motorway (272 to 273)

Joining the motorway. When you join the motorway you will normally approach it from a road on the left (a slip road) or from an adjoining motorway. You should

• give priority to traffic already on the motorway
  • check the traffic on the motorway and match your speed to fit safely into the traffic flow in the left-hand lane
  • not cross solid white lines that separate lanes or use the hard shoulder
  • stay on the slip road if it continues as an extra lane on the motorway
  • remain in the left-hand lane long enough to adjust to the speed of traffic before considering overtaking.

You and the Corsa both in the wrong, Transit just plodding on minding his own business, then see's you and probably had to brake to allow you to cut him up. Corsa panicked after realising he/she was going to miss the exit and cut across solid lines

You and the Corsa both in the wrong, Transit just plodding on minding his own business, then see's you and probably had to brake to allow you to cut him up. Corsa panicked after realising he/she was going to miss the exit and cut across solid lines

Without the Corsa I think the merge is fine, but you are correct in this case.

Just a routine sort of event on today's roads. Corsa plainly at fault, but let's be glad nothing further ensued.

Joining the motorway. When you join the motorway you will normally approach it from a road on the left (a slip road) or from an adjoining motorway. You should

• give priority to traffic already on the motorway
  • check the traffic on the motorway and match your speed to fit safely into the traffic flow in the left-hand lane
  • not cross solid white lines that separate lanes or use the hard shoulder
  • stay on the slip road if it continues as an extra lane on the motorway
  • remain in the left-hand lane long enough to adjust to the speed of traffic before considering overtaking.

That's correct of course but it's very risky to assume that everyone will drive in accordance with Highway Code. Entering the motorway is one of the instances where the majority of drivers reverse the rules, in this case they believe, or at least act, as though the entering vehicle has right of way, and that everyone already on the motorway should either move or change speed to accommodate their entry. And if you don't, or cannot you get horns and two fingers.

Most drivers are completely nonplussed if they are unable to barge their way on.

Had an accident ensued in this case the court would have apportioned blame. The Corsa driver may well have received the biggest slice, but the camera car has also a share of the responsibility. Even if the Corsa hadn't cut across, the chances are that the camera car would have had to brake in front of the Transit, because the camera car was entering a closing gap - the Corsa was travelling much more slowly than the camera car even before the braking, unless the latter was being driven by the type that flies straight out into the centre or offside lane.

I'd bet my next month's pension that the Transit had to brake. Totally against the Highway Code.

I couldn't see anything wrong apart from the Corsa.

The OP was carrying enough speed to clear the Transit easily and unless the Transit driver wasn't paying attention and / or wasn't alert, he shouldn't have been surprised at all - but he should have been.

Why did the Idiot in the car with the camera nearly follow the Corsa over the hatched area?

I can only guess they drive by following the car in front, not actually reading vehicle movements and acting accordingly.

Perhaps if anyone finds out who it is, they should have a word to educate them.

Why did the Idiot in the car with the camera nearly follow the Corsa over the hatched area?
Maybe to to compensate for the fact that the gap infront of the van had disappeared as a result of having to brake for the Corsa?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom