Idiot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model X & Mercedes W212 /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Absolute idiot, pulls out when it’s not safe to do so, and proceeds to drive at 20mph on a 60mph road.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Lol

I see it now and again. Happens more than it should. I usually overtake if safe to do so as you did...

The best ones are when they flash you even though they pulled out on you in the first place. Unbelievably retarded those ones...

Ha! I had this in the Vito this morning.. at Transit pulls out (Nothing behind me at all) in front goes 20mph.. sees me overtake then tries to race me onto the forthcoming roundabout.. WTF??:mad:

Round 2/ I approach another roundabout ..its just a standard cross type roundabout and I can see the traffic ahead approaching the roundabout. There are two lanes either side:

On My Side - I have one lane that turns left only and one for straight ahead. On the opposing the inside lane is for turning right, the outside lane is for straight through only.. so there's my opposer comes towards me to go straight through, no indicators at all (not needed if traveling straight through) I move to turn my left and... there he is "Last minute Larry" turns hard right on to me and gives it all the w4nker signs of the day as if I had pulled out on him..Sorry mate, outside lane straight through only, you changed across two lanes without indicating and nearly broadsided me... Cheers Mate!

Ha! I had this in the Vito this morning.. at Transit pulls out (Nothing behind me at all) in front goes 20mph.. sees me overtake then tries to race me onto the forthcoming roundabout.. WTF??:mad:

Round 2/ I approach another roundabout ..its just a standard cross type roundabout and I can see the traffic ahead approaching the roundabout. There are two lanes either side:

On My Side - I have one lane that turns left only and one for straight ahead. On the opposing the inside lane is for turning right, the outside lane is for straight through only.. so there's my opposer comes towards me to go straight through, no indicators at all (not needed if traveling straight through) I move to turn my left and... there he is "Last minute Larry" turns hard right on to me and gives it all the w4nker signs of the day as if I had pulled out on him..Sorry mate, outside lane straight through only, you changed across two lanes without indicating and nearly broadsided me... Cheers Mate!

If I see a signwritten van drive like a ****, 90% of the time I call the company up and report it. They probably do nothing but it makes me feel better!

Elderly driver, I suspect, nowhere urgent to go and in no hurry to get there, can't keep up with modern traffic conditions, most of the time just a touch frightened if he/she's honest. I'd have done exactly what you did; there's no point flashing or hooting.

Either that, or he is driving for economy, or there's a tight bungee cord wrapped around his scrotum and connected to the throttle pedal...

It seems to me the overtaker commited an offence passing on chrevons. I head for the door.

Elderly driver, I suspect, nowhere urgent to go and in no hurry to get there, can't keep up with modern traffic conditions, most of the time just a touch frightened if he/she's honest. I'd have done exactly what you did; there's no point flashing or hooting.

Either that, or he is driving for economy, or there's a tight bungee cord wrapped around his scrotum and connected to the throttle pedal...

Looked in his 40s, I reckon the car is effed

Yeh I didn’t flash, no point. :)

Or possibly left?;)

Personally, and I know (and don't care :p) that it contravenes the Highway Code, on almost any roundabout I indicate left if I'm going left, and right for anything else until I'm passing the exit before the one I intend to take, when I start indicating left.

Or possibly left?;)

Personally, and I know (and don't care :p) that it contravenes the Highway Code, on almost any roundabout I indicate left if I'm going left, and right for anything else until I'm passing the exit before the one I intend to take, when I start indicating left.

Ok, so why do you indicate right if you're going straight on?

Google Maps

If you look at the photo I'm on Paddock Street, About to turn left at the Tesco Express, My oncoming traffic (thats one facing me E55BOF) approaches the Roundabout and will be either going straight through or turning right (keeping Tesco Express on his left) okay, E55BOF ;);)

Ok, so why do you indicate right if you're going straight on?

So that other drivers will know that I'm not turning left. If I intend to turn left and there is no indication, it could be that I've simply forgotten to do so, or I could be one of the many bozos who simply don't bother to indicate at all. If I indicate right, that's a positive indication that I'm not leaving the roundabout at the next exit.

First driving lesson in 1968, driving instructor says to me "look at all the others you can see around you, think "what is the most stupid thing each one could do next, and be prepared for it, 'cos one day one will". Wise words that have served me well for 50 years so far.

Google Maps

If you look at the photo I'm on Paddock Street, About to turn left at the Tesco Express, My oncoming traffic (thats one facing me E55BOF) approaches the Roundabout and will be either going straight through or turning right (keeping Tesco Express on his left) okay, E55BOF ;);)

Oh Oh Oh!. NOW I understand, Mr. Fawlty. You refer to the (unmarked) lanes on the roundabout; I thought you were referring to the lanes approaching the roundabout. As ever, one picture is worth a thousand - well, many, anyway - words...

bloody c-class drivers, think they own the road ;) well done on seeing it coming, know a few that wouldn't

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
;);)

I didn't think you were old enough to remember Telly Savalas ;):p

Oh yes; he played Manuel, didn't he? As he was always saying to Basil: "Who loves ya, baby?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom