Idiots bring motorway to a standstill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
So called 'enthusiasts' were travelling in convoy when apparently one broke down and so they all stopped. With all the CCTV and traffic police these days, how were they not nicked for this?

Most certainly idiots.

Some car enthusiasts if they can't drive a car a few miles they have been "working on".
It is likely though that they cannot drive any distance purely because they have been working on it. ;)

Hope the police get some of the footage and issue some fines, I sadly think this will not happen though.

I experienced the driving behaviour of a large convoy on route to that event on the M60 - without boring you all with the details not a pleasant sight. I had plenty of offers for a race along the M60 - idiots ( not all but most). Majority of the convoy vehicles were certainly modified in some form. They certainly caused a nuisance for the residents of Denton.

Interesting to see if Plod uses the cameras to do insurance, MoT and VED checks. Await the Midnight Knocker.

"The radiator is blown and doesn't work properly. I have no fan on the car and driving it 100 miles up the road to get it finalised, the car was overheating.".

So we can add unroadworthy vehicle to the offence of stopping on a motorway when not an emergency (because he knew it was likely to happen before he joined). 🤣

Hmmm... something not quite right there. No true enthusiast or petrolhead will seat on the roof of his/her car, even if it's a Rangie. More like troublemakers and d1ckheads, I think.

So we can add unroadworthy vehicle to the offence of stopping on a motorway when not an emergency (because he knew it was likely to happen before he joined).
Interesting point.

There was a well-publicised case a couple of years back where a driver was charged with causing death by dangerous driving as a result of crash that killed their passenger when they ran out of fuel and stopped on the motorway. The charge was laid because the driver knew they had insufficient fuel for the journey when they joined the motorway, and thus expected the car to stop.

Just looked at the photo. As that say, "a picture speaks a 1000 words".

The sad thing is nothing will be done by Plod and it will be forgotten about in 48 hours. The idiots responsible know this and will continue to behave as they want to knowing there is highly unlikely to be any outcome that gets back to them. And Plod wonder why the respect for them is in the gutter. They have all the tools to investigate and charge people under existing motorway regulations and yet 100% refuse to do so.

Plod wonder why the respect for them is in the gutter. They have all the tools to investigate and charge people under existing motorway regulations and yet 100% refuse to do so.

What they don't have is the manpower to use those tools in a situation where no RCT occurred and nobody was killed or even injured. You can';t blame them for that.

What they don't have is the manpower to use those tools in a situation where no RCT occurred and nobody was killed or even injured. You can';t blame them for that.

They should still be able to do something....:

Screenshot-20200723-115748-Chrome.jpg

So , fair enough one car broke down , fine even if a couple of others stopped to help , as long as they were on the hard shoulder .

pity there wasn’t a big rig to bulldoze the ones on the carriageway or a monster truck to drive over them ...

"The radiator is blown and doesn't work properly. I have no fan on the car and driving it 100 miles up the road to get it finalised, the car was overheating.".

So we can add unroadworthy vehicle to the offence of stopping on a motorway when not an emergency (because he knew it was likely to happen before he joined). 🤣

I thought this too. The car was unroadworthy and should have been on a trailer. Can't see anyone helping a broken down vehicle either.

Reactions: 219
It thought this thread was going to be about:

London road closed for 11 hours after ammunition fell off police vehicle roof

It does grate on me though, imagine being stuck in a car with hungry hot moody children and a baby for hours because some twit has upgraded everything on his car but hasn't fixed the radiator or even fitted a fan.

First thing they all do is stop and get out their cars with their phones and film each other ...... bloody millennial's 🤬

Reactions: LXA
This was not about a broken down car. The arrogance on display was quite amazing.

RCT ?:dk:

Reactions: 219
The thing that always baffles me when incidents such as these appear in the media, is the depicted profile of this coterie of "petrolheads".

Given the thought processes and behaviour displayed, what possible responsible occupations do these individuals hold that allows them the wherewithal to run those generally high-end motors?

Do you think many will be P.A.Y.E. employment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom