Idiots in car parks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newbitz1957

Car
W210 E240 avantgarde previous mercs W123 230 ce,W123 280e,w124 230te
Had to run a few errands this morning,had to visit the local branch of staples to get a few bits, quite a nice day so I took the 300se for a run, got to staples, lovely big car park, parked well out of the way with about 4 bays either side, when I came out and was just behind the car with keys in hand, this D**k in a C5 sweeps into the bay next to me, the rear door flys open stright into my offside rear door leaving a lovely big chip in the paint,so I`m afraid I let `em have it with both barrels!!,their reply was.." its only an old car" what is wrong with these people?? they have the whole car park with loads of spaces and they have to put their pile of carp next to me. I had to get out of there before the red mist came down:devil::devil:
Thts it rant over!!:wallbash::wallbash:

I'm afraid that's life nowadays. Everyone so wrapped up in taking care of themselves that everyone else can go take a flying leap wherever they like. It's a great shame, I know I'm not like it, and I'm sure others aren't too, but the decent, honest people, who care for others and respect them as much as themselves are a very rare breed nowadays. It's only going to get worse. Sorry about your car though.

Regards,

I'm afraid that's life nowadays. Everyone so wrapped up in taking care of themselves that everyone else can go take a flying leap wherever they like. It's a great shame, I know I'm not like it, and I'm sure others aren't too, but the decent, honest people, who care for others and respect them as much as themselves are a very rare breed nowadays. It's only going to get worse. Sorry about your car though.

Regards,
Couldn't have put it better myself...:rolleyes:

I would file an insurance claim against him.

This.

He is responsible for the damage. Even though it is private land it has access to the public so is counted. Similar thing happened to me when I had my Supra. Police treated it as an RTA and interviewed him the lot! He coughed for the damage.

m.

i hate them people some woman parked next to me in a space and again as your self i was in my 300se and then comes this door flying towads my drivers door so she did see me not a word of im sorry for that nothing so iw aited a bit and could not hold my tonge any longer so i follwed her in to the shop leveing my friend in the car at this time and again like your self let her have the hole war ship firearms and all she said was i dint mean it stupid C*W so now i park so the white line devider is right down the center of my car just to miff evey one elce of now

Don't like the "it's only an old car" attitude, I have experienced this sort of thing before. The fact is your W126 will still be on the road a long time after their disposable C5 has been disposed of.

I would be tempted to go down the insurance claim route, maybe his loss of no claims would make him think twice about doing this in future. Ideally you would need a witness though.

Don't like the "it's only an old car" attitude, I have experienced this sort of thing before. The fact is your W126 will still be on the road a long time after their disposable C5 has been disposed of.

I would be tempted to go down the insurance claim route, maybe his loss of no claims would make him think twice about doing this in future. Ideally you would need a witness though.

Its a nice thought,but there was only me and five of them, so no credible witnesses,only my word against theirs, think if I have to visit any of these places again will take `er indoors battered old Audi and give some back!!:devil::devil:

so now i park so the white line devider is right down the center of my car just to miff evey one elce of now

Two wrongs don't make a right. Now you are behaving selfishly - by choice.
If I encounter your car parked as you describe, expect less consideration and respect - not more.

Jump up and down on their roof and when they complain say "It's only a C5".

Its generally the old people who are nearly dead, and jealous that their own lives have come to nothing.

You have to just pity them.

Its generally the old people who are nearly dead, and jealous that their own lives have come to nothing.

:doh:

Being inconsiderate towards another's property is not an ageist thing but an attitude problem!

It's the intolerant who put down others to make themselves feel better that I pity....

Sorry to hear of the damage to your lovely car, Im a very calm person but his reaction is making my blood boil. I really hate people who do that. I admire your self control, i think i would of chinned him for doing that and then saying that.

Years ago i took a more childish approach, while waiting outsidemy local Pizza Hut for my sister and mum to collect some pizzas a guy got into his Rover 45 and smacked his door into mine door which left me a little unimpressed, I decided i needed to put my coat in the boot so opened my door and flung it into the side of his Rover leaving a nice dint in his door and just grinned at him, mind i would imagine it would be a different ball game if you decided to take that approach with a W126 vs a C5 because id imagine it would of knocked the Sh!troen across the carpark :D

Really sorry to hear about your car!

I had a full respray a couple of years ago on one of my cars and within two weeks it had a nice big scrape on the rear bumper while it was parked in a car park for 10 minutes.

and the front bumper had been driven into and cracked while it was parked on the road. No note or anything!

I now avoid any car parks if possible and if I have to, I park in a space where one side cannot be occupied and I park as close as I can to that side.

See unlike the above poster I'm not a calm person.

I'd have firstly asked him if he wished to pay for the respray, failing that I would have introduced his face to something hard... More than likely his bonnet.

Nowadays to avoid a prison sentence, I park over two bays.

I'd rather be thought of as a ****e driver than be convicted of assault cause some knobber decided his French POS was far more important than anything else on earth

Last edited:
I would certainly have asked for his insurance details - had he declined , the police would have been summoned .

No CCTV in the car park , perchance ?

Otherwise , a good tactic is to wait until they have gone inside and let their tyres down , followed by a hasty departure :devil:

ageist

Its only the fact that I would be taken to task by the moderator that I dont say something rude. But the name says it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom