Idiots in car parks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would have knocked him out. Not because he chipped the paint, but because of his response.

Whenever a car park is empty I park on the divider line.

Its generally the old people who are nearly dead, and jealous that their own lives have come to nothing.

You have to just pity them.

Please think about what you write before posting. we have a broad range of members from all age groups and we want it to stay like that.

People can find offense in messages such as that.

Last edited:
I think Clever Dicky has gotten the message - an apology would be nice but his absence says a lot...

I daresay it was said without thought....just like opening a car door...:eek:

126 has nice heavy doors, why not open them into this car and go, its only a £20k citreon, this is a £60k Mercedes. Then drive off.

bet the damage on this would be greater than yours.

I think Clever Dicky has gotten the message - an apology would be nice but his absence says a lot...

I daresay it was said without thought....just like opening a car door...:eek:

He has been causing offence on the other forum. So the old, those north of Watford gap do not matter now.

Actually i am here but have been working.
To be honest I'm quite offended.

Of course people believe what they like, but to slag me off and take my rather tongue in cheek reflection on life and my experience of older people comment, so seriously is a bit extreme and a shame. Its probably the most honest, even if it was a bit close to home. But its called banter Especially the 'grumpy old men' type.i.e (having a sense of humor ) for those that dont know, to lighten the mood of the poor guy whose car was damaged.

But yet you gang up and lambaste me, and accuse me of being ageist. Isnt that ironic.

In just these few replies there's been suggestion of typical violence towards an old person, criminal damage, harassment and of course intimidation by law enforcement. Probably better that you observe real life before damming anyone who comments on it. Remembering that violence and threats, especially against an older person is much worse.

Of course i would dismiss this as all talk one would hope, but then to round up further, not naming names, by stirring and passing exaggerated comments or malicious rumors about a member is OK is it. I'd say it was a bit close to bullying.

Yes i opened a post and debate regarding clocks on the other forum, what of it ?

Of course if it is about bullying or intimidation, im also happy to get violent if thats what you want.

Or would you rather just get willy's out at dawn.....?

I had the same happen to me years ago in my Austin Metro,now it might have had faded paint and rust but it was my faded paint and rust. The response I got was that it wasn't going to make a difference to my car,she just walked off. Well just like *** suggested,I must have forgotten to close the door as I moved off,terrible shame.
I think these days I'd be more inclined to take the insurance/police route.

This thread started off about damage to another's car due to inconsiderate people. These same people were then berated in various posts and as clever dicky says various forms of violence were then intimated.

Consideration runs both ways. Parking across two bays to protect your own car is pretty inconsiderate in my book. It prevents someone else using a space who is just as entitled to park as you. Yes your car may get scratched by some moron out there but if you are that bothered don't use a car park. If we all adopt that tactic then 50% of the parking bays would be useless.

I think anyone who lets a door fly into another persons car is a moron. There are far too many people who don't car about anyone but themselves. But some of the reactions to what after all is paint damage are frightening.

I'll wait for the abuse.

This thread started off about damage to another's car due to inconsiderate people. These same people were then berated in various posts and as clever dicky says various forms of violence were then intimated.

Consideration runs both ways. Parking across two bays to protect your own car is pretty inconsiderate in my book. It prevents someone else using a space who is just as entitled to park as you. Yes your car may get scratched by some moron out there but if you are that bothered don't use a car park. If we all adopt that tactic then 50% of the parking bays would be useless.

I think anyone who lets a door fly into another persons car is a moron. There are far too many people who don't car about anyone but themselves. But some of the reactions to what after all is paint damage are frightening.

I'll hold my hand up to be inconsiderate... I am. I'm also not that bothered about it.

I go out my way to park away from other cars, failing that in a carpark full of cars I'll spend time making sure no one damages the car.

I've seen serious damage caused to cars at the metro centre in Gateshead... And I'll be damned if I work my **** off to have to pay out cause some idiot damages my motor then drives off.

As for the responses from some of us for what is simply paint damage, it's more the couldn't give a **** response from the culprit that winds us up.

You think that course action is bad... You should talk to the lad who fired a rocket directly at my dog.

I have an elderly relative i take out alot following her stroke. And as carefull as she means / tries to be, i always say wait before i run round open door as wide as possible and actually press it against my hand which i shove between the two cars, so it cant jolt.

Of course i could just take up space of a disabled bay.

I would, if relative is elderly and in need of that space, then take it... You should apply for a badge, they are easier to get than you might think (or at least seem to be we've got people I see playing golf with them cause they can't walk)

I think it would be entirely reasonable to extract the cost of a paintless dent repair , or remedial paintwork ( if required ) from these wrongdoers .

If they refused , I'd probably block them in and call the police .

My sister did EXACTLY that after an elderly driver reversed into her car in a car park , then refused to give insurance details ( admittedly my sister was driving an almost new company car at the time ) - the police arrived , informed the wrongdoer that it was an offence to refuse to supply details , took statements and told her she would be charged if she did not cooperate .

I have often thought about letting a tyre down ( about 10 seconds work with my Schraeder key ) which would cause no damage but some inconvenience , along with a note on their windscreen telling them a little more care on their part would have avoided this . ( never actually did it though )

The simple fact is that parking bays in most car parks are far too narrow for todays cars. I am disabled and have a blue badge. Not all serious disabilities are visable and I get some hostile looks when I park my car. I have even had people say Whats a disabled person doing driving a car like that. Maybe they would prefer all disabled people to be issued with those awful trikes from way back. I bought my car. I dont have to ask anyone what I should be allowed to drive

I have often thought about letting a tyre down ( about 10 seconds work with my Schraeder key ) which would cause no damage but some inconvenience , along with a note on their windscreen telling them a little more care on their part would have avoided this . ( never actually did it though )

What we think we would like to do and what we actually do are usually poles apart..:D

I would certainly have asked for his insurance details - had he declined , the police would have been summoned .

No CCTV in the car park , perchance ?

Otherwise , a good tactic is to wait until they have gone inside and let their tyres down , followed by a hasty departure :devil:

Thoughts of all kinds of revenge did pass through my mind in the heat of the moment,especially after their comment about its only an old car, but, in the end common sense prevailled and I left, the only cctv cameras were near the store entrance, so its very doubtful if they would have picked anything up anyway, it was just a case of momentary thoughtlesness on the other persons part, and by my speaking to them I hope they might be more careful in future.

Parking across two bays to protect your own car is pretty inconsiderate in my book. It prevents someone else using a space who is just as entitled to park as you. Yes your car may get scratched by some moron out there but if you are that bothered don't use a car park. If we all adopt that tactic then 50% of the parking bays would be useless.
Actually all the cars would be straddling the centre lines, we'd be in the same position except the end of each row would have half a space free... ;)

Seen in Delhi

Attachments

• TyreSignCropped.jpg
    TyreSignCropped.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 169

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom