Idiots, poor Mercedes :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Women in the silver Hyundai found at fault and sent on drivers awareness course!

Poor Blue Mercedes GLC probably written off now, what a shock it must have been too.

The lorry I reckon didn’t get too badly damaged.

Sheer stupidly...

The car behind the Merc did well to avoid .

To be fair if I was overtaking a lorry and it slammed it's brakes on and stood on the horn, I'd probably slam my brakes on as well. Unless the driver went for reduction in TED and put his foot down of course.

Despite the stupidity of the Hyundai driver, I'd be more concerned about the occupants of the vehicles involved than the "poor Mercedes GLC" which is just a metal box.

Hmmm I meant the car and it’s passengers.

The Hyundai driver could have killed so many people and needs her licence taken off her. She had such a clear view of the approaching lorry. Honestly shocking.

Hyundai driver was 100% in the wrong, but the truck drivers anticipation of the situation was pretty shocking too. You could see from a long way back what was going to happen but the truck driver didn't see it until very late.

Hyundai driver was 100% in the wrong, but the truck drivers anticipation of the situation was pretty shocking too. You could see from a long way back what was going to happen but the truck driver didn't see it until very late.

I wondered if he was watching a DVD or reading a text? Or maybe as he had a camera it was watching the road for him?

Russ

100% agree.

And this footage is a very good example as to why insurance companies increase the premium for drivers involved in no-fault accidents.

A driver who is careful and alert at all times will manage to avoid getting involved in no-fault accidents that a less careful driver won't.

The person in the red van could have shown a bit more caution.

A driver who is careful and alert at all times will manage to avoid getting involved in no-fault accidents that a less careful driver won't.
Rubbish.

My premium went up because of a non fault accident and I was stationary in queuing traffic!

Can’t see how I could have been less careful.

^ Easy... shouldn't have been there in the first place...:p:p:p:p:p (Just foolin'..)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Rubbish.

My premium went up because of a non fault accident and I was stationary in queuing traffic!

Can’t see how I could have been less careful.

I doubt that he's referring to every single occasion - more of a general principle.

Correct. Statistically drivers who are involved in no-fault accidents are more likely to be also involved in at-fault accident. 'Statistically' is the key word here.

Reactions: 219
Correct. Statistically drivers who are involved in no-fault accidents are more likely to be also involved in at-fault accident. 'Statistically' is the key word here.
Statistically, anyone can have an accident. :)

EDIT: forgot smiley face.

You are absolutely right.
Probably about half of these montages of dash cam footage, on YouTube etc. are about the same, and the incidents could have been completely avoided if the driver had only been reading the road ahead and applied some common sense.
I don't think I would like to plaster my driving all over the net if it was that bad.

+1, I think the truck could have started slowing down much earlier. This would allow idiot Hyundai to merge and get up to speed.

Dashcams tend to be wide angle and exaggerate distances. So you're being a unfairly hard on the truck driver. What the Hyundai does is shockingly inept and it looks like it is going to pause before committing to joining the DC.

I would guess the GLC driver isn't going to see much of what is about to happen if starting just behind the truck and the Hyundai gets pushed into its lane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom