Idris Elba. King Of Speed.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WOODYTHEWISE

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 500 Coupe.
As stated. BBC2 20.15hrs today. Any petrol heads on here>:D

Excellent! Wish my Toyota went like that... :D

Good viewing last night. Looking forward for tonights episode. I belive he is on European soil.....real drivers....

I didn't think it would be that great but I happened to turn on to it a few minutes in and didn't turn over until the end.

Actually very good so will be watching tonights...

didn't see this post...however I stumbled across it last night. Really good viewing:thumb:

No rally of the test at 10pm on motors tv will just be slightly better as it should show a few old
Mercs being driven properly last October!!

Yes, was excellent and good PR for my sport - roundy roundy easy, wait until you get on the loose!! Well done BBC, much better than Top Gear.

And before I get comments on the signature Boris is the name my nieces gave my Wolseley rally car.

Les

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Have to say I didn't think this would be much good when I seen it on the sky planner - but quite the opposite thought this was a good show and really enjoyed it

Ari Vatanen has to be the king of cool, with his son running him a close second. Idris came across as a really nice bloke too. I really enjoyed this programme. Shame I missed the first one.

Great advert for Toyota with the GT86s drifting! Not sure about practicing on roundabouts though! :D

I'm thinking Luther oops, sorry, Idris Elba could replace Clarkson one day... :)

One of my friends did a tour of Prodrive a few months ago...apparently they borrowed the bbc the MG Metro 6R4 for the day on the proviso it was not trashed...apparently on return the gear-box and engine were severely damaged....leaving Prodrive to foot the bill. Not sure why they would not peruse to beeb for this as surely it would have been covered by insurance...
confused.gif

Very good programme, i got the feeling it was severely edited to make 2 shows whereas i thought they could have made about 6-8 shows covering the start of motorsport through to the drifting.
I like Idris, he comes across as an enthusiast rather than trying to be a comedian like the Top Gear boys.

Just been watching the second one. Idris does come across well and does definitely come across as an enthusiast.

He makes the programme very interesting to watch.

One of my friends did a tour of Prodrive a few months ago...apparently they borrowed the bbc the MG Metro 6R4 for the day on the proviso it was not trashed...apparently on return the gear-box and engine were severely damaged....leaving Prodrive to foot the bill. Not sure why they would not peruse to beeb for this as surely it would have been covered by insurance...
confused.gif

He'd be a good replacement for Clarkson, then... ISTRC that gentleman was loaned a C-Type on similar terms, ragged it, and broke a half-shaft. Mind you, I couldn't stand him before, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom