IE window size query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
IE7 on WinXP SP3

I have IE set to open with the window size maximised. When a link opens a new window, unless said link contains an instruction as to what size this new window should be, it takes on the size of the last window to contain such an instruction. I want the new window to open maximised, but I cannot 'force' it to do so by default. I have tried all combinations of Shift, Ctrl and Alt while closing the window but it stubbornly reopens with the last forced size.

Can anyone tell me where the "New IE window size" setting is stored?

I am quite happy editing the registry and suchlike.

Agreed. It should behave like that but it doesn't. As indeed it doesn't for many of the posters in the linked thread. Handy link to iemaximiser though, I'll give that a try.

It just worked exactly as Del320 said for me.
Open window, maximise it, hold Ctrl and close all windows.

It doesn't work if you just close the new window.

Thanks Del.

Switch to firefox and tabbed browsing!

friendsdontletfriendsuseie9qp1.jpg

Cheers
Chris

Speaking as someone that probably abuses the web more than most and someone time served in the sharp end of IT. I have to say that I see more problems with Firefox than I.E.

About 5% of the sites I visit simply don't render properly with firefox, shopping carts barfing at the CC stage, embeded content often blank ...many many problems indeed. The amount of times I have a laugh at the unix guy sitting opposite me cursing because he cant load the same page as I using either Opera or Safari or Firefox.

I.E7 is a retrograde step in the wrong direction too. Still running I.E.6 here. No toolbars, temporary internet file size reduced to 1mb and only 1 day of history and it flies, far quicker than any of the latest generations of browsers, it renders everything correctly and at last count i.e has less vulnerabilities than firefox too.

The way you go on about firefox Columb, you sound like a Jehova. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom