If AMG went solo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm very happy and impressed with what AMG has done so far. They are still exclusive to a degree as they are the top end of each Mercedes model class but most importantly, AMG has improved each and every subsequent model they have released. Plus, you do get the full warranty and service back up through the Mercedes dealer network and..knock on wood... reliability.

The other tuners also offer their own warranties but realistically, unless you live near them it will be a bit of a hassle when you try to claim from them or even from Mercedes if the part in question could have been affected by the tune.

AMG are top, and even better now they have the millions of MB.

Allot better than those BMW call M division or Audi's RS models!:D

Last edited:
Allot better than BMW m cars dream on . Read any car mag/ whatch any car program they all say the same BMW m cars are better . Prob with amg mercedes cars is mercedes want them to be a proformance and luxury car in one and they end up being abit half / ****d , fast in a stright line but when it comes to the corners ect to heavy .

Allot better than BMW m cars dream on . Read any car mag/ whatch any car program they all say the same BMW m cars are better . Prob with amg mercedes cars is mercedes want them to be a proformance and luxury car in one and they end up being abit half / ****d , fast in a stright line but when it comes to the corners ect to heavy .
People that drive M3s have spikey hair, wear wrap-around sunglasses, cheap gold jewellery, designer polos/trainers and smell of cigarettes. No-one with any class wants to be associated with that image no matter how good a driver's car it might be. You don't need to read magazines or watch TV to find this out, just look in the rear view mirror as you pull away from them in your AMG :)

Ok, now I have some time to answer you reply;.

Please stop reading YouTube comments about Mercedes AMG can't handle and are only good for drag race etc... thats just rubbish, you obviously have never owned an AMG and just read what kids say on the internet..

What do you say about the FACT that a C55 AMG managed exactly the same time as a E46 M3 round the ring? (8:22) proves that Mercedes can make a car that handles and not to mention faster in a drag race and also has 4-doors vs the m3's 2 door coupe;).. ohm but they did not mention that in your magazine did they? lol.

plus if you look at the nurburgring times you will see that the SLS AMG managed a quicker time(7:40) than the M3 CSL AND also the new M3 GTS, both cars are designed by BMW to be as fast as they can be round the track!

Nürburgring lap times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When did we start replying to dhard ?

People that drive M3s have spikey hair, wear wrap-around sunglasses, cheap gold jewellery, designer polos/trainers and smell of cigarettes. No-one with any class wants to be associated with that image no matter how good a driver's car it might be. You don't need to read magazines or watch TV to find this out, just look in the rear view mirror as you pull away from them in your AMG :)

Don't forget Bluetooth headsets as well.:cool::doh:

If u want prove autocar tested brand new c63 amg coupe v BMW m3 ( must be getting on to 5 years old) And still m3 was best as they said still no cigar for amg .

He always avoids the facts and only goes by what he reads on some magazine.

isn't that hybrid of performace and luxury the whole point of the amg cars? my GTR is the fastest thing i've ever driven around a circuit (i've driven faster cars, but not as forgiving of my lack of driving skills) but it rattles, and bits don't quite fit 100% right, its a bit of a hard ride on the road, vents in wrong places, etc etc.

its also now wrecked i several pieces, and i find myself with a bit of a dilemma. i bought a 2001 clk as a run around, which as a 10 year old car is less plasticky and less rattly than a 2009 GTR - with the cash from the GTR needing spending before the misses gets ideas of kitchens and the like, i'm trying to figure out what i want in a car, and that mix of comfort and power is seeming mighty attractive.

hmm not sure i want to post this, says i'm getting old...off to buy a ktm crossbow :)

He always avoids the facts and only goes by what he reads on some magazine.

Fact you said allot better than BMW m divison. Fact autocar review all cars and are experts ( not dreamers ) . Fact amg brand new model c63 coupe with all latest technology v BMW m3 being allot older and being replaced next year amg still lose .fact amg have never got close to BMW m divison on a like for like car . Facts are facts.

Fact you said allot better than BMW m divison. Fact autocar review all cars and are experts ( not dreamers ) . Fact amg brand new model c63 coupe with all latest technology v BMW m3 being allot older and being replaced next year amg still lose .fact amg have never got close to BMW m divison on a like for like car . Facts are facts.

Does that mean that the experts at Autocar have never put in print that an AMG has been "close" to a like-for-like BMW M car?

is that why chris harris at evo magazine reckons that the e63 amg is one of his favourite cars that he would choose over a m5 bmw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom