If I had the money I wouldnt tell anyone I'd found it.

Red C220

MB Enthusiast
Car
2021 Mazda MX-30 EV, 2014 FF
I like that a lot.

Looks like a project car that isn't really much of a project - just bits and pieces.

jamesk

Ooooo tempting!

Is it really a requirement for MOT purposes to change the odometer to miles?

Other than that, and assuming the minor jobs cost double what the seller estimates (my own cynical rule of thumb) be very interesting to see what the reserve is....

talbir

MB Enthusiast
Ooooo tempting!

Is it really a requirement for MOT purposes to change the odometer to miles?

It's not a requirement for MOT but is for DVLA/VOSA,they will NOT register the car in the UK now without the speedo converted to MPH.

Also, whilst it is an MOT pass with a KMH speedo, it is illegal to drive on UK roads without an MPH indicator, i.e. if you have a KMH speedo, you must have another device which gives MPH(with illumination at night) whilst driving.

talbir

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
Seems like a relatively straight car with an honest description. No idea what the reserve is, but could be made nice without too much trouble I reckon.

Have seen worse - remember the one with the max power/halfords wheels and exhausts etc last year :doh:

Niks

MB Enthusiast
Hasnt this been on sale before on Car and Classic, or on ebay??? That H828 number plate looks very familiar. Either that or it could the one which I saw that had a private plate called HI 5TR or something like that some time ago on pistonheads.

millo777

MB Enthusiast
Car
1997 W140 S600L/2003 S211 320cdi
It's not a requirement for MOT but is for DVLA/VOSA,they will NOT register the car in the UK now without the speedo converted to MPH.

Also, whilst it is an MOT pass with a KMH speedo, it is illegal to drive on UK roads without an MPH indicator, i.e. if you have a KMH speedo, you must have another device which gives MPH(with illumination at night) whilst driving.

talbir

Just to clarify, DVLA/VOSA checks for imported cars are only for cars under 10 years old. If you import a car that is over 10 years old, they don't ask for the certifacte of conformity or type approval. Thats why so many imported cars still only have KMPH speedometers.

This is actually easy to remedy. Just get a used cluster from a UK car and swap the vinyl speedo overlay. The only issue is that is will say "Miles" above the odo reading.

Keeping a sat nav in the car is however enough to satisfy the constabulary that you have a valid means of showing you speed in mph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom