If I wanted a C63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've only ever seen one in my town as well, however, I've only seen one G63 there too.

Absolutely loads where I live too, thought they were giving them away when they were first launched! Then drove past the local dealership and they had one outside high up on some form of ramp all stickered up with the £499 PCM (or whatever the deal was at the time) but I remember thinking, ah that explains it.
Up until that point I think the 'M3' was the go to car for most people that the C63 was being aimed at, and not many none petrol heads knew what an AMG was, as they were understated.
The C63 was definitely a game changer for AMG and I think has captured a lot of the 'younger' market and has moved away from the pipe and slippers image that people associated with MB drivers.
IMO of course :)

What !!? where do you live ? The Antartica ? Bloody things are everywhere. in my local town of approx. 45 thousand souls I see 3 on a regular basis. One is often parked in the disabled bay (with badge) where I drop my mom off from time to time. Not sure what some people think when they see bays taken up by a C55 and a C63 both sporting blue badges :eek:
South East of Nottingham. Seriously though I only saw my first C63 in a year about 2 weeks ago when it drove past the petrol station where I was filling up. Don't think it had a standard exhaust on it by the sound it made [emoji41]

Hopefully the popularity of the A45 will save the C63 reputation in time?

I haven't seen very many around the Poole and Bournemouth area either. Chav car of choice seems to be the RS3 around here. C63's very thin on the ground. Likewise E63's.

Only 1 other up here which I see approx twice a month

It's true that they have fallen into the price range of the boy racers.....but is this not the same of the M3 and M5?
Like similar more mature enthusiasts mine sits in the garage most of the time and the Passat diesel (mapped obviously) is the daily dog taxi).
Mine still turns heads in a positive way most of the time, so I think if you aren't actually a owner, or on a MB forum they are not that common to the average punter. And you will never see another "big engined" AMG so at least you can say been there, done that and it was a riot :)

What !!? where do you live ? The Antartica ? Bloody things are everywhere. in my local town of approx. 45 thousand souls I see 3 on a regular basis. One is often parked in the disabled bay (with badge) where I drop my mom off from time to time. Not sure what some people think when they see bays taken up by a C55 and a C63 both sporting blue badges :eek:
Probably the same as when they see the SL parked up with the blue badge, I parked next to a Ferrari the other day with a badge, he had taken his Mum shopping and she was smiling from ear to ear bless her.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The C63 still appears to be holding its value pretty well. Iv been looking for a number of years and they aren’t venturing south price wise in any real hurry....I guess that’s due to the popularity of them.

I can tell you it certainly does feel right, there won't be much in it dynamically between coupe/saloon/estate.
Maybe it feels the same when driving. But idea of going to the garage, opening it with expecation and seeing estate is just wrong for me ;-) Or coming back to the car and thinking how lovely it is ;-)
The C63 still appears to be holding its value pretty well. Iv been looking for a number of years and they aren’t venturing south price wise in any real hurry....I guess that’s due to the popularity of them.
My previous car was advertised at £35K 2.5 year ago (2014 plate), probably sold a bit below it, because it was stuck on forecourt for 2 months and was also damaged while there. If I wanted to buy it back now, it would probably cost me £30K at least. Maybe I should have kept it, but in the meantime I got to drive 4 different cars instead of one. Of course it costed me a small fortune ;-) So yeah, keeping it would be the cheapest option (any my neighbours would have hated me).

Last edited:
Absolutely loads where I live too, thought they were giving them away when they were first launched! Then drove past the local dealership and they had one outside high up on some form of ramp all stickered up with the £499 PCM (or whatever the deal was at the time) but I remember thinking, ah that explains it.
Up until that point I think the 'M3' was the go to car for most people that the C63 was being aimed at, and not many none petrol heads knew what an AMG was, as they were understated.
The C63 was definitely a game changer for AMG and I think has captured a lot of the 'younger' market and has moved away from the pipe and slippers image that people associated with MB drivers.
IMO of course :)
And they fall for that 'a real drivers car must have a manual gearbox nonsense' so they but an M BMW, and yes maybe you feel more attached to the car while stirring the gearstick around, but I know (on the road at least) I would get bored with it real quick.
Most of the fastest cars in the world do not have gearstick's and a clutch pedals nowadays.

Maybe it feels the same when driving. But idea of going to the garage, opening it with expectation and seeing estate is just wrong for me ;-) Or coming back to the car and thinking how lovely it is ;-)
Subjective at the end of the day, I think it's the best looking of the three styles and I always look back when walking away. My last car was a Z4 Coupe so I'm not immune to the charms of a two seater. ;)

South East of Nottingham. Seriously though I only saw my first C63 in a year about 2 weeks ago when it drove past the petrol station where I was filling up. Don't think it had a standard exhaust on it by the sound it made [emoji41]

Hopefully the popularity of the A45 will save the C63 reputation in time?
I am in the same boat, C63 W204 facelift is what i drive and haven't seen many 204's on the road. I see more of the W205's with their 4.0 twin turbo's, they seem quite popular these days. I think the A45 will save the reputation, as i have seen quite a few kids in those.

I personally didn't think the C63's had a chavvy/boy racer reputation until i joined the forum, mainly because i thought the price and running costs would put the kiddies off, and i didn't see that many on road. The coupe is definitely more popular than the saloon (which i have) or the estate.

I haven't seen very many around the Poole and Bournemouth area either. Chav car of choice seems to be the RS3 around here. C63's very thin on the ground. Likewise E63's.
i'm seeing a lot or RS3's around at the moment, must be on special offer!

In my previous place there was plenty of C63s but now I moved to Range Rover and more exotic cars area.

There are 3,500 x 'standard' C63, 527 x Edition 125 and 230 x 507 Edition registered according to howmanyleft.

Not rare but not that common either.

Bloody things are everywhere.

We'll have less of that sort of language please ;)

It's definitely a personal thing but I have always preferred the looks of most performance estates compared to the saloon - Volvo T5R / Audi S6 / C43 to name a few which I've owned over the years. And the C63 is no different, love it!

And during the 6 month's or so of ownership I've only seen 1 black estate, so I like the rarity value too:cool:

Irrespective of the chav label that has been acquired by the W204 C63, there’s no doubting the residuals have been very very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom