If Merc did S Class estates......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chattonmill

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E55 AMG
I would be the first in line!
2 adults 2 kids 2 dogs Travel cots and luggage just dont leave much room, hence the roof box.
Come on Mercedes, give us what we want!

02012009158.jpg

In fairness I doubt an S-Class estate would compensate for the space in the roof box.

If space is an issue buy a GL-Class and fold the 3rd row down

I had a Range Rover before and found that the benefits of having a 4*4 for the 15 times a year that I needed off Road capability were not worth while.
And then there was the oil refinery that I have to tow behind me.......:crazy:

Is the R class bigger than the E Tourer? If so then maybe a long wheelbase R with all the options might be the way forward...

The trunk on the current S-class is smaller than that of the current E-class, perhaps wider but a lot shorter on the S compared to the E. If often take the E with folding rear seat to transport something that would not fit to the S (but still does not need a van or lorry). You might need a trailer for the S-class estate. ;)

I did a little exercise, who needs to spend 70 grand on an S class when you can spec an R class up as per the two attachments and save money...

R320L
S320L

Like the way the roof box kicks up to provide tail wagging space for the dogs :D

Ade

2 adults 2 kids 2 dogs Travel cots and luggage just dont leave much room, hence the roof box.

02012009158.jpg
I just found this thread!!!

Cheek, cheek I say

Have I EVER.... said I wanted an S-class estate? Have I ever said that? :) :)

Chattonmill
You are not worthy of owning an S-class estate, just look at the state of those wheels on your chariot :)

I gaurantee you will get an extra 10mpg if you shovelled off all that mud on those wheels :)

Is that the replacement for the space shuttle that you are transporting on the roof of your E-class? :)

Prince Jeffrie of Brunei had a W140 estate made.

Prince Jeffrie of Brunei had a W140 estate made.
I have lots of pictures.. It looks like someone used superglue to stick on the rear of a 210 estate :(

I'm afraid it would have to be a new S-class estate :)

You mean , something like this ?
w116stpo.jpg

w116stcr4.jpg

Last edited:
I also have two dogs and agree with you and the US market loves big estates too.

well,the sultan of Brunei does own a w140 S-class estate:) which i believe has the Zonda amg engine,not quiet sure

I just found this thread!!!

Cheek, cheek I say

Have I EVER.... said I wanted an S-class estate? Have I ever said that? :) :)

Chattonmill
You are not worthy of owning an S-class estate, just look at the state of those wheels on your chariot :)

I gaurantee you will get an extra 10mpg if you shovelled off all that mud on those wheels :)

Is that the replacement for the space shuttle that you are transporting on the roof of your E-class? :)

I had just come back from a 2000 miles round trip, so I reckon the wheels are looking reasonable:eek:

The roof box...well I love a bargain, and whilst in Halfrauds looking at the boxes they had a sale on......Discovery there was cheaper than the smaller ones, so I thought I might as well go large!(And if you take Grannies heels off she fits in nicely:D)

Plenty of classic Mercedes options for more load space. :D

2102329071_ef840ff8a1.jpg

2103112218_c1582f113e.jpg

image12552.jpg

image2989.jpg

image3003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom