If this were Dave the plasterer in his Transit....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There are two ways of looking at this.

He stated his case for mitigation and it was judged on its merits

or

If his licence is that important to him he should take better care of it.

I know where my money is ;)

A first class barrister advised by an equally talented lawyer :) expensive but a guaranteed result never in doubt

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

87?

Such a massive speed too. :rolleyes:

I dodged a ban for getting clocked at 103 many moons ago. The case for defence was that losing my licence would lead to me losing my job.

I'm not famous.

stwat said:
I dodged a ban for getting clocked at 103 many moons ago. The case for defence was that losing my licence would lead to me losing my job. I'm not famous.
I've done similar and I'm not famous either. Fresh out of uni in my first graduate role, I already had 6 points on my license when in a moment of stupidity I was clocked doing 106.2 in my dads W140 on the M62. I was stopped by an unmarked Volvo T5 which I saw coming up behind me at a rate of knots but only twigged when it was a little too late :( I'd recently bought a flat at the time and losing the job would have caused severe hardship to myself and my employers (they wrote a nice letter for me!). Come to think of it Freddie's fine seems a little low considering his profile and I assume his income?

Whilst I had 11 points I understandably drove like Miss Daisy, that got me more attention, I used to regularly get tailed by the police, especially at night.

JohnEBoy said:
You weren't looking at the radio station instead were you? :D

Ah that's a good one would have to remember that. I'm a reformed character now though...

I'm a reformed character now though...

Don't we all say that?

I must admit, I never go over 100 on the motorway. In fact, rarely beyond 7x these days.

Must be getting old.

stwat said:
I dodged a ban for getting clocked at 103 many moons ago. The case for defence was that losing my licence would lead to me losing my job. I'm not famous.

Similar position for me in 1991 - clocked at 107mph on A38 south of Exeter, had a month off AND lost my job, despite having a letter from my employer...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom