If you could change the world.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
If you had one wish to change something about the world in which we live, what would it be?

That third worlders stayed in their own Countries [except for max 12.5% mixing per two generations min] and making them better rather than abandoning their own Country, invading the first world and fing both up.

I would put proper four season climate all around to world. I am sure it would calm down many riots and crisis when there is -20C outside, you don't want to go out throwing stones, shooting others, just because they have slightly different thoughts about god...

Indeed, even the Egyptians knew that when they built the pyramids...

Have no religion

What? no missionary position? :confused:

Indeed, even the Egyptians knew that when they built the pyramids...

And that shadowy Greek Eratosthenes, with a little help from Alexandria, eventually got a round and put a number on it.

If you had one wish to change something about the world in which we live, what would it be?

I'd change the world for Saturn, I reckon it'd be a gas.

On a more serious note, what a great question.

I think it's dangerous to wish for the removal of things like religion. What would have been in its place? Assumptions that something better would have back filled the vacuum are to my mind, wishful thinking. I'm a pantheist btw, in case you were wondering.

Four seasons everywhere? The cult of Frankie Valley? Without the hotbed that is Africa, would we even be here? Although I have to agree, a chill in your pants at 6am does motivate one to better things.

On a more realistic level, I'd like to see a greater concentration on education (and I'm not talking media studies :cool:), if for no other reason than educated people are generally more reasonable. One would expect many of the dogmas we witness, or have been subject to, would not have survived if a few more people were in position to challenge their efficacy.

Last edited by a moderator:
That everyone treated others as they would wish to be treated themselves. It sure would stop many actions brought about by those seven deadly sins.

And that chocolate wasn't fattening.

What? no missionary position? :confused:

And that shadowy Greek Eratosthenes, with a little help from Alexandria, eventually got a round and put a number on it.

I'd change the world for Saturn, I reckon it'd be a gas.

On a more serious note, what a great question.

I think it's dangerous to wish for the removal of things like religion. What would have been in its place? Assumptions that something better would have back filled the vacuum are to my mind, wishful thinking. I'm a pantheist btw, in case you were wondering.

Four seasons everywhere? The cult of Frankie Valley? Without the hotbed that is Africa, would we even be here? Although I have to agree, a chill in your pants at 6am does motivate one to better things.

On a more realistic level, I'd like to see a greater concentration on education (and I'm not talking media studies :cool:), if for no other reason than educated people are generally more reasonable. One would expect many of the dogmas we witness, or have been subject to, would not have survived if a few more people were in position to challenge their efficacy.

I was about to raise the point about education, well not general education but teaching from a young age to think ahead about consequences of actions and/or communications.
My pet hate is consistent impulsiveness, the kind of people who just say the first thing that pops into their head. Same with those who just do whatever they feel like without giving thought to the result of their action.

Not a particular fan of the Four Seasons either although I heard that Jersey Boys was alright.

Education (emphasis on reasoning), an end to indoctrination.

That everyone treated others as they would wish to be treated themselves. It sure would stop many actions brought about by those seven deadly sins.

You could argue that if it wasn't for the seven deadly sins Man would not be as advanced as he is today...

That people would realise that the Earth is a pretty unique place in the Universe. That its an extreme quirk of circumstance and biology that we live in an oxygenated atmosphere with liquid water and that as human beings we may be the species that will make it uninhabitable sooner rather than later.

That things were always fit for the purpose they were intended.

Great question; shame you are limiting it one! ;)

Protect the populace from criminals by locking them and keeping them locked up. Maybe two strikes and out (or more accurately, permanently in).

All the time they are locked up, they can't prey on anyone but their own ilk…no more wishy washy liberal 'rehabilitation', just plain old punishment. Some may think this too harsh but millions, nay billions, manage to go through life without being parasitic pr1cks preying on people. It's about time that government did it's first duty; protect its citizens.

Great question; shame you are limiting it one! ;)

Just use your one wish to wish for more wishes. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom