If you didnt have a Merc what would you drive ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
DB9 :rock:

If I say '4-Series' do I have to wear hessian underpants for a week..? :D

I'm not currently driving a Mercedes:eek:

I will drive anything that suits my needs at the time. Mercedes have done that very well over the past few years when I have been buying my own cars and not had company vehicles.
I have had most flavours of Mercedes from new S Class to 125k miles old C class and enjoyed them all in their own way.
Now in semi retirement, I find my needs are not best met by any particular Mercedes but by a number of vehicles.
The old Defender is the default for local runs and dog outings. The Audi A6 Ultra Avant is the super efficient long distance car....over 800 miles between fuel stops.
If I need to be somewhere quickly, then it's the Honda VFR1200...it just doesn't recognise traffic;)
Then if I want to be silly, there's the CBR400RR:D

A MK7 Golf R or GTI, best car in the world.
....Always was all things to all men.. for keen drivers !!!.. only prob for me would be how to get hold of an uber rare Golf Limited 210.. I doubt if there are any in left in England..i think only 2 ended up in the UK.and then the orig price of a handbuilt VW Motorsport car of 20 k in 1989/90 !!!... it would prob take the same money again to make it look and drive like new !!!.. having owned a few classic Minis I know what a money pit older cars can be !! .. but I would still like one ... men and their cars eh ??!!..

Attachments

• 800px-Golf2_g60ltd_front.jpg
    800px-Golf2_g60ltd_front.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 10
A 911 ..... see signature :rock:

Walk!

Just kidding, BMW 3 Series Coupe :D

anything with a busso alfa v6 .

The new Skoda Kodiaq. In fact I plan to sell my C class to get one. Is that blasphemy.

Ultimate car would be a Hakosuka :)
Slightly more achievable Nissan Skyline R34 GTR Vspec II with Mines Stage 2 engine.

And lease a diesel hatchback for work.

Ultimate car would be a Hakosuka :)
Slightly more achievable Nissan Skyline R34 GTR Vspec II with Mines Stage 2 engine.

And lease a diesel hatchback for work.
....that would be my second choice !!!!!:thumb:.....foxy52

mk1 Cooper S ..Radford conversion

my third choice .............AA 1000.. Adam Adamants car of choice from the Series in 66/67.. I used to love watching this show in my teens.. now fully restored and owned by a Mini Cooper Register member ....lovely example .....foxy52

Attachments

• ABC%20AA%201000%20100_zpsxub2jj0m.jpg
    ABC%20AA%201000%20100_zpsxub2jj0m.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 9
Gtr

Dodge Challenger 1971

f884fea5a8536bb925dd5360190fd29c.jpg

Discovery 4.

I always like to have a BMW too, currently a 130i to sit with the E350 estate, both very different but both very practical too.

If I didn't have a merc then I wouiwouild get one, its the only car fr me

I lease every 2 years. It works well for me because I've never been one for sticking with a car for any great period of time (owned over 50 cars in my time). It's not that I necessarily get bored, I just want to try others.

This will be the first time ever I have stuck with the same manufacturer, moving from an A45 to C63S. Although it isn't me 'sticking' with a manufacturer, it is purely the car, I don't have any allegiance to any manufacturer. I spend weeks/months deciding what to get next and I've always said that if I can't find one (within current budget) that doesn't excite me sufficiently, I will get a run of the mill 1.6 plain Jane family car and save the money, this time round was the closest yet I've come to that!

It has to feel 100% right (not 95%) when making that final selection, this has served me well up till now. I very nearly went for the new Alfa Guilia, got close(ish) to going for an M4, and even considered going 'back'? to a Renaultsport. So pretty much all manufacturers are in with a shout as long as the car is good.

That said, there are some, that unless they brought something out could completely different, I would just never see myself in- Range/Land Rover. I get why people like them but they are just so not me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom