If You Go Down To The Woods Today......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scott_F

MB Enthusiast
......you might find a dumped Mercedes 230 CLK.

I came across this over the holiday weekend and was quite surprised as I thought that this sort of thing stopped years ago when the price of metal shot up but obviously I was wrong:

DSCN8974.jpg

DSCN8983.jpg

Looks like the piece of broken concrete fencepost lying next to the car has been used to vandalise it, the damage is not consistent with a crash It was probably half salvageable when the 'police aware sticker' was first put on it , then the police either did nothing about it or they contacted the owner and he/she did nothing about it. Still a few salvageable bits on it.

Yeah someone'll have the wheels off it at some point I'd imagine.

The police aware sticker doesn't mean they plan to do something about it.
They've contacted the owner, their job is done. The car isn't committing any crimes. It's just to stop people phoning them about it.

Two looked OK but the other two were quite corroded and the tyres were obviously scrap.

No locking wheel nuts though.....
I've got some winter tyres that could go on a set of scabby rims for use in the snow...

...but no desire to pinch bits off an abandoned car.

Looks like the car is on private land so it will be down to the land owner to get it removed.

It’s changed a bit since I had it
CLK230K 003

It is surprising how in a few short years a car can go from being desirable and valuable to a worthless piece of scrap that no one can even be bothered to take away.

It is surprising how in a few short years a car can go from being desirable and valuable to a worthless piece of scrap that no one can even be bothered to take away.
It's called 'consumerism"... making otherwise perfectly-serviceable items undesirable on purpose in order to encourage the purchase of new ones instead. It keeps the economy going and the employment figures up... or that's the theory, anyway.

Really makes me sad. My eldest son’s response when anything breaks is that it should be binned and a new one bought. He constantly refers to my ancient car (2008 CLK) and unless something is less than a year or two old it is scrap in his view. Ferrari 430......rubbish in his eyes as it’s old. Makes me very sad to hear him but that is the way of the world. It’s not like we throw stuff away as a family. I repair rather than replace most items! But our whole world is now consumable in kids eyes

Slightly OT, but not worth starting a new thread :) .

Now what happened here.....?

2020.jpg

2010.jpg

Probably a rear-end shunt that planted the car between the two bollards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom