If you had £10k to spend...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gchild

Car
C280 Sport
...on a used Benz, what would you buy and why?

If I didnt already have an SL500 I would buy another. :)

You'd get a minter for £10k. A timeless future classic that you could cherish as a Sunday car for 20+ years and not lose a penny on it.

Another vote for an SL500.

Just to pair up with the S500 of course ...

I agree with that, a R129 SL500 with either blue or black leather interior, 2nd choice would be a CL500 either a mint C140 or 215, a 140 would be prefered.

A mint A124 or a 500e,simple because I like them and never had one

If it was as well as what we have and just a third car

It would have to be a convertible of some sort, Any SL or an SLK32

The old style SL would probably keep value quite nicely noit sure what you get for 10K. The SLK32 if around 10K would be a nice fun third car.

Cheating slightly, and possibly slightly boring option but I would combine with the sale proceeds of my W208 and maybe a grand or two more and source a lovely used CLS as I have always fancied one.

I have to say , it would probably be this ...

Mercedes : Supercharged C43

Rarity value and a real 'sleeper' , OK , the original was quick , but this will be a different league.

The rest of the money can go on maintenance.

We have a runabout and a van so probably a compromise motorway cruiser and second runabout. A CLK 320cdi would suit nicely.

Thanks.

PM me for the delivery address.

I have to say , it would probably be this ...

Mercedes : Supercharged C43

Rarity value and a real 'sleeper' , OK , the original was quick , but this will be a different league.

The rest of the money can go on maintenance.

Thats what I was about to buy but then came across the AMG TE.

The only thing that put me off was that maintenance and proper running with such a bespoke setup was always going to be an issue...

Thats what I was about to buy but then came across the AMG TE.

The only thing that put me off was that maintenance and proper running with such a bespoke setup was always going to be an issue...

I am tempted by that c43 too but have not purchased yet because of the reasons you mention above.

I'm with clk208, I'd add a few grand (part ex) and get a CLS! :)

Saw a old minter R129 in Almondine (or whatever it is) yesterday completely standard apart from the OZ splitties, absolute perfection probably only worth 5 large and could spend the rest on loose women :)

Early(2005)cls 500's can be had for about £10k now so would get my vote(a lot of car for the money:))

an E55 w211 :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom