If you had £8k or so to spend on a car ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Watchcame430

MB Enthusiast
Car
Previous 1994 SL500, 2001 W210 E430 and 2003 Designo S500 Current 2005 S211 E270
What would you buy?

I don't care about mpg and only need to stick me in it so doesn't need to be 4 seater etc

What would people go for?

Vilus flogged his mint 53 plate E55K for £8500 I think.

So I know what I would buy!

I like both those ideas, both already on the list.
I found a silver jasper conran mx5 which was pretty reasonable. People rave about mx5 so would be interesting.

The E55 is definitely a consideration too

Probably an R129 SL500

E55

Probably an R129 SL500

This currently top of the list and the reason I started this post. I can't think of anything better at the moment. Still watching out for a 190 cosworth too

Skoda Citigo :D:D

Cheers,

Gaz

Toyota Supra
Audi S2 ABY or the 2001 shape RS4 or anything with the AAN engine.

The above cars can be tuned to put out some pretty serious power.

Hard to ignore the original Porsche Boxter for the money they fetch, no power bragging rights but a nice car that drives well!

Rewind the clock 12 years and you could have got a nice E30 M3 or integrale. I managed to sell mine before the values went and doubled:fail

I had and e39 m5 for years. I loved it. It was a fantastic car. The e55 that I have bought recently is much faster but not as engaging as the e39. That said I was stuck in traffic on the m25 and I was very glad of the auto box and not the heavy clutch..

I have to agree with others , having bought one, I think the e55 is awesome. Makes me really think about the value I would get out of spending 50k more to get the current e63. Okay, so the interior etc would be much more modern - obviously, but I believe the e55 to be as fast as I ever need to go in a 4 door.

Get an e55...

Trev

Nissan 350Z

BMW 3 Series E46 M3

CLK 320 Convertible

My favourite?

Underdog - Honda S2000

Toyota AE86 Trueno! I think you can still get them around this price, but may all be in Ireland!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom