If you want a laugh...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdrrco

MB Enthusiast
Car
X218 CLS500 AMG BlueEfficiency Sport Shooting Brake - name almost as long as the car... & W202 C200
...check out this 190E's MOT history

Saved Adverts

Mileage:
2006 56421
2007 56421
2008 56421
2009 56421
2010 85642
2011 56421
2012 56421
2013 56421
2014 56422
2015 56421
2016 56421
2018 56422

Clearly the car was parked at the MOT station for several years.

I am fascinated to know what happened in 2010 and 2011!

No great mystery, the odometer on these can go faulty so was probably being driven around and used as normal just not counting up the miles.

I would have thought the 2010 entry would be a mistake on the part of the tester - fairly common.

To be fair for a car approaching 30 years old it looks pretty clean and tidy, regardless of the mileage :cool:

No great mystery, the odometer on these can go faulty so was probably being driven around and used as normal just not counting up the miles.

I would have thought the 2010 entry would be a mistake on the part of the tester - fairly common.

To be fair for a car approaching 30 years old it looks pretty clean and tidy, regardless of the mileage :cool:

I'm with you on that. On a car of that age and price, the odometer reading isn't terribly relevant anyway. If I was interested, I'd have a good poke round it, then test drive it, and if nothing worrying showed up, and it drove OK and didn't smoke, rattle or knock, make them an offer.

Who else remembers the days when one could disconnect the speedo in a minute or two simply by reaching behind the dash and unscrewing the cable from the gearbox? Was certainly the case with my Dolly Sprints!

Shame on youo_O

Who else remembers the days when one could disconnect the speedo in a minute or two simply by reaching behind the dash and unscrewing the cable from the gearbox? Was certainly the case with my Dolly Sprints!
Can still do it on my JZR three wheeler, but as it only does a few hundred miles a year, it doesn’t really matter!!

And in the list of checks:-

“No mileage discrepancies” :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Rofl

Got air con as well which is a bit of a rarity as well :)

Got air con as well which is a bit of a rarity as well :)
So it has, I hadn't noticed that. My old one had cruise control which was even rarer. Silliest thing I ever did was to sell that.

Last edited:
Sold mine for 2.5 grand, 2 years later offered the bloke who bought it 5 grand to buy it back, and he refused and said he wouldn't sell for 10 grand.

Hits self in head with 4 by 2 !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom