If you're selling your car privately ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
crazy what people get up to scam nowadays, and once that car got shipped he would never have seen that again!

Somebody contacted me from a find-it ad for a motorbike that I was selling with exactly the same scam, do these scumbags think that we really are as thick as them ?

Another scam that I have not got involved in is based always in Indonesia and always selling expensive classic guitars on E bay, not sure how it works but the pictures that they feature for the guitars are lifted off other guitar sites and has been proved many times. Some people will not deal with Indonesians full stop.

Last edited:
Yes, hits a nerve this one......;)

The bloke who bought my ML, phoned late at night, had a very strong West African accent, wanted to pay by Bankers Draft and take the car the following morning.....

But, I said no money, no car - so he came, viewed the car in the station car park and paid me a deposit by cheque....:)

Which was fine until it bounced:mad:

Then he phoned and said he'd transferred the balance to my account and would bring the deposit money in cash:)

So took the car to the station the following morning (after again checking the money was still in the account!) and he drove away happy:D later phoned me to ask how to get the fuel flap open.... :rolleyes:

So, the moral is do the right checks and be very aware of the latest scams, but treat everyone fairly until you find something definite - they might actually be a true buyer.;)

R

Yeh same thing here too...now i know what the scam was!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom