Ignition barrel wires, C124, What order?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DMDM

I've just replaced the steering column on my car, because I'd lost my keys, and the prospect of replacing the ignition was stopped when it wouldnt come away from the steering. so the whole lot got swapped, but theres like a black plastic circle on the back of the ignition which had 8 or so wires in a circle, they all got unplugged and the order of them was lost.

at first i'd get something like, the car starrt, then the starter jam on, thennnn..the dash lisghts come on. lol. so on.

after fiddling a few times, it now starts, runs a minute, then dies. (possible fuel filter/pump, because they weren't the best anyway I was told.) but after it dies, i'll try again to start it, it'll go. then the starter motor jams again and the motor dies....running to dc the battery.

Can anybody help me please! :dk::thumb:

Thats great Dec, but I can't make sense of it still, I can see where it shows on the power distribution diagram, but the 7 wires are arranged around a cylinder. its in what order around that, that Im in a pickle about. Thanks anyway mate! Great link

Think that's the stuff I needed. will try sort it out soon. Working all damned weekend so will update next week sometime.

Many thanks D. Nice one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom