Ignition controlled 12 volts

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Sprinter16, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Sprinter16

Sprinter16 Member

Car:
    2003 c180 avantgarde se & 2011 Sprinter 313
    Hi all, just got a w203, 53 plate c180k & spent Saturday afternoon fitting a Parrot i9100 phone system. No real problems, got it all up & running, only problem was I could not find an ignition controlled 12 volts:dk:.

It was getting late, the light was fading & I needed the car for a long trip yesterday so I just temporarily wired both to the permanent live with the intention of refitting it next weekend when, with the help of your good-selves, I will know where the elusive wire is:thumb:

Thanks in advance

2. grober

grober MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    Telephone fuse is F44 5A in the main engine fusebox which located beside the brake fluid reservoir.

3. OP
    OP
    Sprinter16

Sprinter16 Member

Car:
    Many thanks, but what I was really wondering is where (or indeed if) there is a ignition controlled cable in the dashboard/behind radio area, so as to avoid further dismantling to feed a wire from elsewhere in the car, which whilst not being a real problem, a suitable cable in the dash area would make my life easier & neater.

4. grober

grober MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    Wonder if you have a feed wire for the cigarette lighter {even if you haven't got one fitted }hidden away in the centre console

5. OP
    OP
    Sprinter16

Sprinter16 Member

Car:
    Good idea, there is fag lighter which, as the gear stick cover is off will mean a fairly easy fix. I suppose what I was looking for was if there was a wire feeding the radio which was ignition fed. Just getting lazy in my old age:)

6. OP
    OP
    Sprinter16

Sprinter16 Member

Car:
    Getting the unit that holds the ciggy lighter took some working out, but when done just took the feed from it, problem solved:thumb:

1 person likes this.