Ignition controlled 12 volts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sprinter16

Car
2003 c180 avantgarde se & 2011 Sprinter 313
Hi all, just got a w203, 53 plate c180k & spent Saturday afternoon fitting a Parrot i9100 phone system. No real problems, got it all up & running, only problem was I could not find an ignition controlled 12 volts:dk:.

It was getting late, the light was fading & I needed the car for a long trip yesterday so I just temporarily wired both to the permanent live with the intention of refitting it next weekend when, with the help of your good-selves, I will know where the elusive wire is:thumb:

Thanks in advance

Telephone fuse is F44 5A in the main engine fusebox which located beside the brake fluid reservoir.

Telephone fuse is F44 5A in the main engine fusebox which located beside the brake fluid reservoir.
Many thanks, but what I was really wondering is where (or indeed if) there is a ignition controlled cable in the dashboard/behind radio area, so as to avoid further dismantling to feed a wire from elsewhere in the car, which whilst not being a real problem, a suitable cable in the dash area would make my life easier & neater.

Wonder if you have a feed wire for the cigarette lighter {even if you haven't got one fitted }hidden away in the centre console

Wonder if you have a feed wire for the cigarette lighter {even if you haven't got one fitted }hidden away in the centre console
Good idea, there is fag lighter which, as the gear stick cover is off will mean a fairly easy fix. I suppose what I was looking for was if there was a wire feeding the radio which was ignition fed. Just getting lazy in my old age:)

Good idea, there is fag lighter which, as the gear stick cover is off will mean a fairly easy fix. I suppose what I was looking for was if there was a wire feeding the radio which was ignition fed. Just getting lazy in my old age:)
Getting the unit that holds the ciggy lighter took some working out, but when done just took the feed from it, problem solved:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom