Ignition Module Delete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kylem

Car
Mercedes CLK200 Kompressor
Hi, fairly new here, trying to gather some info. I have had some ignition module problems on my 2001 (w208) clk 200. I am going to have to replace it, but I was wondering, is there any special circuitry in there or does it literally act as a big switch.

If so I would really like to bypass the whole thing and wire everything into three switches. One for the first position of the key, one for the second, and then one for the starter.

So what I'm asking is, can it be done, a wireing diagram as for what wires do what, please if you can help out, do be specific, replays like 'circuit p30' don't really help me.

Finally, not to sound arrogant, but I just want to know if it can be done, I don't want replays like 'if it was better that way, MB would have done it that way in the first place'

The EIS passes signals via the CAN, it isn't a switch as such.

You could bypass the EIS if you have a CAN signal emulator.

Thanks for the reply, Sorry to be an amature here, but what is a CAM? And could I scavenge the necessary circuitry from my dodgey ignition module

CAN is short for CANBUS. Basically a form of single wire communication between modules. The indicator switch, for example, might tell via the can, to switch the light on. It doesnt actually donthe switching.

So, no, its not a switch.

Ahh, I understand. Unfortunatley I feel this is probably above what I am willing to try.

Last question, as my ignition module needs replaced, is it simply a matter of buying one form the breakers yard and reprogramming my keys once installed or is it more complicated than that?

Thanks

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the two little green and green/white wires coming from the ignition module do. They are the two thinnest wires there and come out of their own little plug. Unfortunately thats whats failed in mines, and half of the clip is securley wedged in the module. The car starts without them, but immedatley dies, then fails to start again.

kylem said:
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what the two little green and green/white wires coming from the ignition module do. They are the two thinnest wires there and come out of their own little plug. Unfortunately thats whats failed in mines, and half of the clip is securley wedged in the module. The car starts without them, but immedatley dies, then fails to start again.

They are CAN wires. Controller Area Network.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom