Ignition on-that sinking feeling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

esox

As i turned the key this afternoon a message flashed up on my dash-i wasnt expecting it quite yet and my heart sank:"service A due in 28 days"Now ive got to experience MB stealerships servicing skills first-hand.Wish me luck.

Its going to be MB Of Southampton (ex Pentagon).Im tempted to drive 35 miles to Basingstoke( Purslows) and wait ,because even though ive only talked to them over the phone in the past they have given the impression of being 100% honest and professional.

Tony Purslows has a good rep, just ask Kinky ;) coupled to the fact it's just an A service, I think you should be fine.

S.

Esox,

I've no real experience of any MB dealers other than Greenoaks (local to me) and Purslows in Basingstoke (local to work).

Greenoaks - I've never ever had a positive experience with them (nor friends who have either.

Purslows - have been the other extreme - and I honestly cannot rate them highly enough (as WELL documented elsewhere on this site).

And as I understand they have been voted the best MB dealer for the last 2 years. And I can fully understand why.

Purslows are the dogs danglies and rock :rock:

If you wanna meet up for a coffee or something - I'm sure I could be tempted. I'm directly next to Basingstoke train station.

K

Go to Doughnut City!!!

Originally posted by esox
Its going to be MB Of Southampton (ex Pentagon).Im tempted to drive 35 miles to Basingstoke( Purslows) and wait ,because even though ive only talked to them over the phone in the past they have given the impression of being 100% honest and professional.

I'd take the 35 mile trip to Donut City. I've been using Pentagons for the last 6 years, the Van side is good, but the car side ain't. They now have nice new flashy stealerships with an attitude to match!

Im off to B`stoke.Contacted both local MB dealers;one could do it on Dec 23-didnt fancy that(technicians probably full of xmas "spirit"),the other offered Jan 3,(technicians getting over being full of xmas "spirit").Phoned Purslows and they said they could do it this Friday.Thanks for the offer K but they reckon it will only take about 1-1/2 hours so i will wait there --Hold on £225 for an hours work........Their coffee better be good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom