Ignorant or just stupid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3:16

Car
R230 350SL + CLS55
Coming off the motorway and a VW Golf R32 (2010 I think) up my back side, shall I not rise to the provaction/challenge, sorry couldn't help it........dropped to 3rd and like the Millenium Falcon, the CLS55 attained light speed whilst the black R32 seemed like a squashed fly on my back screen. Immature maybe but most satisfying :D Did the R32 driver really think he had a chance?

It's hard not to rise to the challenge isn't it:D
Less than half the torque of a 55k, a Golf R32 hasn't a chance really.

The R32 driver probably did fancy his chances, no harm in letting the beast run free for a bit if safe to do so - it does need to exercise from time to time!

Agree with both you guys however, had a fright when I saw a Police car which I thought was interested in a 'chat' with me but fortunately it went in another direction......

Should have waited until he was alongside......so he got to see you laughing ;)

Should have waited until he was alongside......so he got to see you laughing ;)
I used to do that in the Skyline when someone in a V8 Comodore pulled alongside. - Look at them in the eyes, drop a cog, let the turbo spool, and watch them try to catch up in my rear mirror.

Childish? Perhaps. Satisfying? Definitely.

Had similar with an RS4 who pulled up behind me for a bit of a play. To his credit, when he caught up he had a huge grin on his face and gave me a thumbs up. :D

Sometimes the old girl likes to stretch her legs....... and she's got a hell of a pair :eek:

Coming off the motorway and a VW Golf R32 (2010 I think) up my back side, shall I not rise to the provaction/challenge, sorry couldn't help it........dropped to 3rd and like the Millenium Falcon, the CLS55 attained light speed whilst the black R32 seemed like a squashed fly on my back screen. Immature maybe but most satisfying :D Did the R32 driver really think he had a chance?

You showed the R32 who's the boss! :cool:

In similar situations I discovered these people were one or the other:

1. A fellow appreciative petrolhead that was doing this so they could hear you blast off from them (usually followed up with a thumbs up further down the line)

2. Someone who hasn’t got a clue what you’re in but fancies bullying you only to get smoked. Funny thing is, these are the type who’ll keep having a go thinking they’re somehow, magically, going to beat you.

Years ago I had a Mk2 Ford Cortina (badged as a 1300 Deluxe) with a 1600cc crossflow, 2000E gearbox and GT suspension and brakes. I stooped at some traffic lights and a Ford Capri came alongside, driver giving me the look and blipping his throttle. The lights turned green and that was the last I saw of him. He turned left at the lights :D

Funnily enough, i think it was the right thing to do, reminds me of a story about a guy on my street.
He used to have an R32, and would always start it up on his drive while looking about and then get in and rev it to F**k before driving off. One day i'm out sweeping the front drive, I see the guy come out his house.

I quickly jump into my car, turn it on (nice cold start noise :)), give it a couple of revs, then turn it off and look over at him, give him a slight nod, then get back to sweeping the drive.

Since then he has not been revving it as much and i saw the other day has actually got rid of it for a nissan juke LOL!

Childish actions on my part i know, but i couldn't help myself.

Sometimes the car behind just wants to get on with it, the car in front becomes offended and screws the nuts off it to show off and you're left wondering why he didn't either move over or get a wriggle on in the first place.

Sometimes the car behind just wants to get on with it, the car in front becomes offendedand screws the nuts off it to show off and you're left wondering why he didn't either move over or get a wriggle on in the first place.

Driver of the car in front takes being overtaken as a personal slight and plays up accordingly.

Sometimes the car behind just wants to get on with it, the car in front becomes offended and screws the nuts off it to show off and you're left wondering why he didn't either move over or get a wriggle on in the first place.

Never in a hurry until I overtake them....

I only have this to go on so no offence meant but on a VW forum theres probably a post saying got stuck behind this slow Mercedes and when i tried overtaking the bugger floors it WTF? Personally I don't get it. I know how fast my car is and don't need to prove it to a stranger. The VW shoudlnt be driving up your a**e. Seem to see this a lot, you come up behind someone then as you overtaek they speed up???

I only have this to go on so no offence meant but on a VW forum theres probably a post saying got stuck behind this slow Mercedes and when i tried overtaking the bugger floors it WTF? Personally I don't get it. I know how fast my car is and don't need to prove it to a stranger. The VW shoudlnt be driving up your a**e. Seem to see this a lot, you come up behind someone then as you overtaek they speed up???

Weird isn't it?
On any other day they wouldn't give a friend the steam off their piss but then give a total stranger a full demonstration of their car's (straight line) performance risking their licence to boot. Weird!

Back in the day, I was delivering a 450 SEL 6.9
Young lad pulled up next to me at the lights in a tarted up Viva, clearly up for it.
Lights changed, I floored it, he left me for dead in a cloud of smoke from my spinning tyres.
The power of the engine far exceeded my ability to use it.

I had one of the first SL55 back in 2002. No one imagined a Mercedes could possibly have 500 BHP :)

A Subaru Impreza decided he was very fast. He realised almost immediately he was not. I remember the immortal words when he caught up at the next roundabout and wound his window down "wtf is that car" - still makes me smile ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom