Illuminated Star, yay or nay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

L80OUS

Car
W213 EClass
I've not been a Merc member for long and seen these, not sure if it's cool or taboo? What do you pro's think?
Lets see yours if you have them.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20141114_1957171_zps4028112b.jpg
    20141114_1957171_zps4028112b.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 8
I have one on our ML. It is an OEM one which illuminates only when you lock/unlock the car, as with the side lights. Can see why people may think it is chavy, but I like it (and I is no chav! :p )

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's a No from me, I'm afraid.....

EDIT: just saw Abb's post, I'd be OK with it of it only illuminates briefly on lock/unlock.

Reactions: Abb
I have one on our ML. It is an OEM one which illuminates only when you lock/unlock the car, as with the side lights. Can see why people may think it is chavy, but I like it (and I is no chav! :p )
I really quite like them but have never followed through with it. Did you install it yourself?

I really quite like them but have never followed through with it. Did you install it yourself?
The wiring loom and star was purchased from MB, was installed by my indie.
IIRC they had to run the loom to the rear SAM and it was plug n play.

Hi
I like it I fitted one to my 207, and as Carl also states look a lot better in the flesh so to speak.
According to ODUS the RRP has recently been lowered quite considerably and is now just over 200 euros.
Not sure if the link below will work.

Well it would be a no from me,but this club is made up from all sorts of people,I well remember helping a work mate move into his new flat,and he displayed a black and cream plastic gondola that lit up and turned around while playing o so meo,I thought it was a joke but no he liked the thing

I like it, however, I would only want it to illuminate on lock/unlock or if I manually turn it on for pics etc

Haven't they just been made illegal?

I like it, however, I would only want it to illuminate on lock/unlock or if I manually turn it on for pics etc
This is how it works if the original Mercedes kit is installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom