I'm absolutely devastated, both our cars smashed up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ringway, I appreciate your concerns, but they opened the gate gently to avoid alerting the dog, so they know we've got one, but there on, it was over in seconds.

I hadn't thought of that, so thanks I'll be mindful of that.

It would be easy for them to chuck a piece of steak over the gate. Dog goes out for a pee... :(

Mike

Truly sorry to hear about this. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

The "usual" reason for these types to to go to great length to hide their faces, is that they know full well, that you would recognise them instantly? No limps, or odd walks/mannerisms on display, nothing at all that that you could recognise?

What on God's earth makes anybody want to do a thing like that? Might be worth alarming the gate.

Truely awful thing to happen to anyone. Even more frightening for your two little ones Mike. As others have said great news family and house are ok. Keep us posted. Take care.

Ant. :thumb:

Not a nice experience :(

I hope that your insurance covers the damages and the police sort out the situation

Like it's been said glad nobody was hurt

What on God's earth makes anybody want to do a thing like that? Might be worth alarming the gate.

As sad as it is and a reflection of society today, the op ****** off the wrong person or people.

I hope it does not escalate further.

Sorry to hear this. As said, sod the cars, looking after the family is #1. Hope you get it sorted.

Regards,

Gaz

My guess is you know who did this. Can you enlighten us on the nature of the dispute?

Quite shocking.

I often think it is too quiet where I live at the end of a cul-de-sac but then you hear of these stories.

My guess is you know who did this. Can you enlighten us on the nature of the dispute?

I know your not wanting to talk about this but you either know these people or your been wrongly identified.

With the value some people have with life i hope this is the end of the matter.

Please think clearly for your family before you decide how to put this to bed.

Unfortunately these kind of people have no remorse or concern about anyone or anything. Your family's security is paramount and the only thing I would be concerned about right now.

It seems clear you know who is responsible, although the actual culprits on the bike could easily be local smack heads who will do the job for £20 a piece.

As for cameras, maybe install a couple of motion sensor dash cams in the cars?

Good luck

Cameras etc are all very well but won't stop anything .

If no garage to put cars in only practical thing would be full height metal fence & lockable gates with spikes on top .

Or else - move .

Sorry to hear about this Mike. Silly question probably but how do you know the detail of the attack, was there a witness?

We ran out just as they were riding off. 4 witnesses came over and gave us a few more details.

Oh and as for protection I hear pro paintball guns are a good addition!!!! [emoji41]

Ha. I have plenty of powerful archery equipment, but deploying that would land me in prison.

The problem is, you can't mess with people who've got little to lose. I've a lot to lose, and so I need to be careful.

We ran out just as they were riding off. 4 witnesses came over and gave us a few more details.

We're the police fast in responding? They maybe able to track them through CCTV...

Or else - move .

This is just what we did Derek. We moved from a fairly rough part of Manchester when our daughter was born. We didn't want to bring her up in such an environment. (Not a dig at Manchester, just city life in general)

Nothing happened to us personally but crime, drugs, polution, traffic etc was getting worse year on year. I understand upping & moving doesn't appeal to everyone but the last 10 years have been the happiest.

I hope Mike can solve this problem. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
As for cameras, maybe install a couple of motion sensor dash cams in the cars?

This is a great idea for parking at home and elsewhere.
If they know Mike's car and it's parked away from home and the scumbags spot it, they might take an opportunistic swipe without their identities hidden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom