I'm back again with a CL65 AMG this time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIRMA

MB Enthusiast
Car
Lexus RCF
After much thought I have bought myself a 2007 CL 65 AMG it is immaculate and has a truly staggering turn of speed Warp factor 4 Mr Sulo as they say.

You know the rules :D

:ttiuwp

Of course, only taken on my iPhone
IMG_0697.jpg

Lovely - best of luck with it.

Within the last two weeks that's two members who have acquired CL65's!

Stunning, a very special car! Congratulations!

Initial thoughts?

Stunning, a very special car! Congratulations!

Initial thoughts?

Thank you, I have been trying several CL's to replace my Phaeton. First off I tried the 6.2 N/A engined CL63 which I loved as I'd had that engine in my SL63.
Then I tried the later engine version the 5.5 turbo model, then to complete the line up I tried a CL600 which was lovely and went like stink but whiffed of old man (although I'm getting on a bit) so really the only one left was the CL65. Despite the known potential repair bills I drove it and well who wouldn't buy one after pressing the throttle and being hurled down the road at warp factor 4.
Nobody in my opinion does a big fast lovely looking coupe like Mercedes

Lovely! Was that the one on Ebay? Had my first blast down the M6 in mine this afternoon. Now trying to decipher the owners manual - 400 pages of it! Of course everyone else wanted a go as well. Hope you enjoy.

Lovely! Was that the one on Ebay? Had my first blast down the M6 in mine this afternoon. Now trying to decipher the owners manual - 400 pages of it! Of course everyone else wanted a go as well. Hope you enjoy.

Yes and Autotrader, it has been part of a collection by all accounts, everything is in like new condition and has had a film placed over the front, bonnet and sides. Unlike some of the CL 600's I've tried it has a real peasant spec no distronic or night-view but when you switch to sport it takes your breath away. I'm a sucker for those quilted seats and door panels though.
IMG_0692.jpg

Last edited:
Certainly a lot of car.. Welcome back.

Talk about making 'an entrance'.........

Nice!

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind comments, I did have an SL 63 before though. Another member on here has also bought a CL65 AMG too.

What a beaut. I was enjoying the growl from my 3L diesel today, so that must be phenomenal . That coupé shape has never been (and I don't think will be) bettered. Those quilted seats look great too. A future car for me, I hope!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 2017 W222 S350d SWB AMG Line Premium Plus
* Ashford, Kent & Mons, Belgium
Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Awesome car. More pics needed :)

Lovely.

I had a well spec'd CL600 some time back and it was a beautiful place to be. The engine on that was nice enough. If we did not need a big boot I would have a CL65 again happily.

Now if I could afford and get a RHD G65 that would be a hoot to put on the drive next to a CL65. One quiet and one practical - what a laugh.

Just noticed you also had a VW Photon V10 - thats a laugh as the CL600 was bought to replace the VW Turbo-Sofa in our house.

I still have the Phaeton, can't bring myself to get rid of it. I've also got a little track prepared VX 220 Turbo and last night met someone who wanted to buy it and on my drive home decided I couldn't sell that either. I think I may have too many cars

I still have the Phaeton, can't bring myself to get rid of it. I've also got a little track prepared VX 220 Turbo and last night met someone who wanted to buy it and on my drive home decided I couldn't sell that either. I think I may have too many cars

Ditto - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR6lwpfte9Q

We just came back from a 3800 mile wiggle around euro and had a couple of offers for it in Monaco !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom