I'm back with another MB!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peppernick

Car
E500 Sport Coupe
Fancied a larger family car and was caught between the X5 and the ML420CDI.

Visited the dealer last week and he suggested an alternative I never thought of until now .....

So today I ordered my W212 E500 Sport estate, in Designo Mystic White :rock:

Black nappa leather with white stitching
Black Ash wood interior trim
Airmatic suspension
Tyre pressure monitoring system
Memory electric seats
Sun protection windscreen and windows
COMAND professional navigation + 4GB hard drive music storage
Harmon Kardon 7 speaker LOGIC surround sound system
Reversing camera
Easy pack loading system
Luxury climate control
Panoramic sun roof
Heat and ventilated seats
Multicontour massaging front seats
Telephone prep

Always fancied a white car and these pics I found on the net sealed the deal for me ..... :cool:

I think it looks stunning with the contrasting dark panoramic sun roof.

large_185271-1765683.jpg

large_185271-1765673.jpg

Now the agony ........ the wait ......... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Nice choice!
Will the matching snow still be here when you get it?:confused:

That's nice. And what an engine choice...the only one I would have over a 350cdi.

Visited the dealer last week and he suggested an alternative I never thought of until now .....

So today I ordered my W212 E500 Sport estate, in Designo Mystic White

From a ML diesel to a E-class V8 petrol, now that's what I call a salesman :)

Beautiful colour combo, really like the shape of the 212 estate and white suits very well :thumb::thumb:

Gonna need that reversing camera... :thumb:

Lovely car, especially with the black sunroof like you say.

E500 (past or present)will no doubt be the rarest of the E class.Reckon they will sell a few hundred each year
Wonder how long it will take OP before he see's another E500 estate on the road?
Let's set the countdown timer... : )

Conratulations, excellent colour combo white with pano roof looks fanatastic. have you told the guys over at EvoTechnic yet!

Wow, congratulations. Great choice of engine and colour. White is an inspired choice!

Excellent colour combo - have similar in the coupe variant, although my white is Diamond (metallic). Enjoy it when it arrives!

Welcome back :thumb:

An E Class estate looks great especially in white.:cool:

Welcome Back peppernick. What a great way to make a come back. Great choice. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

(Thread hi-jack coming up)

Tali. Talking of seeing similar cars on the road. A round trip of some 500 miles today, produced only 3 other 124's out there. Two were Coupes on I think German plates, 1 saloon on UK plates, oh and a 190 left hooker on Belgian plates. Where have all the "good cars" gone. Spot the 124 is not the most demanding of games.

And whom ever decided to shut the M11 today - Classic choice, thanks a bunch:wallbash: Filling in potholes so I was told.

(Thread hi-jack coming up)

Tali. Talking of seeing similar cars on the road. A round trip of some 500 miles today, produced only 3 other 124's out there. Two were Coupes on I think German plates, 1 saloon on UK plates, oh and a 190 left hooker on Belgian plates. Where have all the "good cars" gone. Spot the 124 is not the most demanding of games.

Because you and Ian have a fleet of them;)

Welcome back Nick.... How are you going to track that?? ;-)

Cheers Greg

So today I ordered my W212 E500 Sport estate, in Designo Mystic White :rock:

Black nappa leather with white stitching
Black Ash wood interior trim
Airmatic suspension
Tyre pressure monitoring system
Memory electric seats
Sun protection windscreen and windows
COMAND professional navigation + 4GB hard drive music storage
Harmon Kardon 7 speaker LOGIC surround sound system
Reversing camera
Easy pack loading system
Luxury climate control
Panoramic sun roof
Heat and ventilated seats
Multicontour massaging front seats
Telephone prep

Always fancied a white car and these pics I found on the net sealed the deal for me ..... :cool:

I think it looks stunning with the contrasting dark panoramic sun roof.

large_185271-1765683.jpg

large_185271-1765673.jpg

Now the agony ........ the wait ......... :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

The petrol estate will be no worse on fuel than an ML420cdi and heap faster. Its not a bad choice.
That's exactly what the salesman said. Also, this car will be for keeps; hence, buying new and the unique spec. And the E500 sounds really sweet.

Welcome back Nick.... How are you going to track that?? ;-)

Cheers Greg
Hi Greg, I've had my fun on the tracks, unlikely to be doing anymore in the future.

From a ML diesel to a E-class V8 petrol, now that's what I call a salesman :)

Good choice, and good lateral thinking by the salesman to suggest the E500 Estate . I drove one of these for a weekend a few weeks ago, and what a car it is, with a wonderful naturally aspirated engine, producing about the same torque as the E350CDI, but with 387hp versus 231.Great ride, lots of feel in the steering and flat cornering particularly in Sports Mode. And a proper Estate Car shape with huge flat loading area, none of this "lifestyle" nonsense with sloping rear roofline.

My daughter and her hubby have just been looking for a car that will combine baby carrying capability with good speed and an enjoyable drive. Their shortlist also consisted of the X5 and ML, but they found both just a bit too sensible and staid.
So they switched their thoughts to the E500 Estate and the C63 Estate and the 3-Series Touring. Son-in-law favoured the C63, but my daughter was a bit scared of its speed and preferred the ML. So they compromised, and have ended up with a 6 month old 3-Series 335d Touring!

When child number 2 comes along, I suspect the 212 Estate could well be the first choice.

Due to unforseen circumstances, I had to cancel my order for the estate .....

Perhaps, it might be an excuse for being impatient, as of today I am the proud owner of this mint 2009 E500 Sport saloon in stunning Palladium Silver :rock:

E50011.jpg

Car needs a couple of paintwork touching up, but should be good for pick up on Tuesday :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom