I'm back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A-AvantGarde

MB Enthusiast
Car
2015 911 Turbo S, 2019 Volvo XC90 T5 Polestar Optimised
Hi all!

Some of you may remember me, I'm a long time member and back on the forum.
I defected to BMW and currently run an F86 X6 M and and F30 320d. Back in the MB fold with a 2001 C320 Elegance too.
Just figured I'd say hi again, this one is pretty much bog standard unlike my last W203.

Must be a thing now....your back I’m back, who knows who’ll turn up next!! Just saying hello

Hi & welcome back, I see that there still appear to be quite a few regulars from back in our time here!

Hi all!

I defected to BMW and currently run an F86 X6 M and and F30 320d. Back in the MB fold with a 2001 C320 Elegance too.
Just figured I'd say hi again, this one is pretty much bog standard unlike my last W203.
Welcome back! It’s great to have you back on MBClub.

You know the way things work around here ...photos please! :)

Hi all!

Welcome back!

I had over a year out and returned after attending Olly's GTG.

Great to see you back posting regularly Paul, the forum is a better place for your input. :thumb:

Thanks for the kind words, Lee. :thumb:

Do you realise it's 5 years since you started advising me on specs etc. for the FFRR, which I have still got? :rock:

Thanks for the kind words, Lee. :thumb:

Do you realise it's 5 years since you started advising me on specs etc. for the FFRR, which I have still got? :rock:
Wowzers! 5 years?!

Not been a bad old bus for you then, regardless of what the naysayers decreed...:D

Wowzers! 5 years?!

Not been a bad old bus for you then, regardless of what the naysayers decreed...:D

In almost 5 years, some work to front suspension and a new battery.
I changed the gearbox oil myself after some pillock put the wrong stuff in.
Apart from that, lovely trouble-free motoring in a go-anywhere, supercharged armchair.
Beautiful thing that I never tire of driving. :rock:

In almost 5 years, some work to front suspension and a new battery.
I changed the gearbox oil myself after some pillock put the wrong stuff in.
Apart from that, lovely trouble-free motoring in a go-anywhere, supercharged armchair.
Beautiful thing that I never tire of driving. :rock:

Wow, that's not bad if that's all you've had to do in 5 years on an FFRR! Most people I know with them have had untold issues and really poor experiences with LR main dealers.

Wow, that's not bad if that's all you've had to do in 5 years on an FFRR! Most people I know with them have had untold issues and really poor experiences with LR main dealers.

:thumb: The above (and the rear discs and pads I've just had) can all be classed as wear and tear.
No nasty surprises with electrics or mechanicals and it has passed each MOT in my ownership without an advisory, sans a dripping brake pipe which was down to the plank that filled with incorrect ATF when I first bought the car.

Overall, with just routine items now and again, a dream to own and drive. Circa 135,000 now.

Welcome back!

I used to enjoy reading your posts and look forward to doing so again!

So, just to update this thread and explain why I've bought a t'rusty' 18 year old W203 C320...

... well, from 24th to 27th June, two teams from my company will be completing something called “The Doughball Run’ (I work for PizzaExpress IT) to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support. This entails driving over 2,000 miles from our head office in Uxbridge to Lands’ End and onto John O’Groats and then back to Uxbridge. However, we are doing this as a Top Gear style challenge where both cars must cost less than £500 each (see that's where the new to me C320 comes in)...

In return for sponsorship, we are branding our cars with supplier logos and we will be delivering our delicious Pizzas to some of our awesome sponsors as we cross the length & breadth of the UK. Amazingly, all of our sponsor positions for our unique pizza delivery service sold out very quickly. In fact, we've secured over £11,000 for Macmillan so far. I had originally set a target of £10,000 but since raised it to £15,000!

We would appreciate a follow on our Instagram & Twitter accounts @doughballrun - this is also an easy way to see how we get on, as I'm sure many of you will be intrigued to know if both cars manage to make it back to Uxbridge & how much will ended up raising for Macmillan.

More information on the event is here: www.doughballrun.com, please note that this event is not promoted or endorsed by MBClub.co.uk

Anyway, we've got pretty much everything arranged, bar breakdown cover / vehicle repatriation, so if anyone has any contacts with any UK national breakdown recovery companies I'd be keen to know (we'd be happy to put their logos on the cars too, in return for free or discounted cover for the week).

If theres enough interest, in what we're doing I may create a new thread for the event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom