I'm back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there and welcome back! I'm considering upgrading to the C43 to replace my A3 V6.

I'd love to know how you would compare the C43 and C300 from a daily perspective? I.e. everyday usable power, noticeable MPG difference, ride comfort etc? :)
Thanks. I have only driven it from the dealer to home and then a quick journey but will definitely let you know when I've used it more. The C43 I had was the facelift so had 385 bhp, this one has about 255 (haven't checked exactly) but it doesn't feel over 100 bhp slower on acceleration (that's when already on the move, I don't do the traffic light racing away thing). I really did love the sound of the C43 but this one suits me better. I used to average 33 mpg in the C43 and I noticed I was getting 44 mpg on the way back from buying it on Wednesday. I realise that we don't buy petrols for mpg but it's good to know especially as when I was buying the C43, some people were saying I would get 20 mpg
I mentioned on twitter that I had swapped a Seat Leon Cupra 300 I had owned for 3 weeks for a merc a bloke was trying to argue with me that the Seat cupra interior was better quality than a merc. I think that he must have been high.

Wow 33 average mpg in the C43! I don't even get that on a motorway run in the A3! :p That's pretty fantastic!

Yeah either he's biased or he just hasn't experienced a newer Merc for himself. I watched Joe Achilles' review on the Cupra Ateca and he specifically mentioned the interior quality was pretty poor. So I can only imagine it'd be similar in the 300.

33mpg is very impressive!
That was the c43 that averaged 33. C300 is better on mpg but I do very little mileage, it's not important, although I wouldn't own anything that did under 20 mpg 😊
I remember when I was buying an S3, I read on a site that owners were getting under 20. I averaged figures in the high 30's. I don't plod but I drive to the speed limit and have a bit of fun when I can 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom