I'm coming back to the fold at long last - order placed!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Well after 4 years of non-Mercedes ownership I today placed my order and deposit for a new Mercedes!!! Now just the long wait until March/April next year until it is delivered.

After getting fed up with the (very good I must admit) BMW diesel the crave for a V8 was too strong, and after a long weekend with a C63 AMG on demo there was nothing more I could do, except place an order! :bannana:

Spec as follows:
C63 AMG Estate
Fire Opel Red (yes I know, not Black or Silver) :dk:
Black Nappa Interior
Performance Pack Plus (new option for 2010, with the engine upgrades from the upcoming SLS, power up to near 500bhp)
Red painted brake calipers
Designo Nappa dash and doors, (replaces anything that is plastic with nappa leather)
Birds Eye Maple Wood trim
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound System
Telephone Pre Wire and iPod dock
Command System
AMG Floor Mats
Parktronic Front and Rear
Sun blinds for rear windows
Privacy glass
Luxury Climate front and rear

I have gone with the standard 18" AMG alloys, but I'm not sure they will suit the car, so may change to the optional 19" multispoke wheels, I just need to find some photos of a C63 Estate with the standard and optional wheels so I can make up my mind.

I really can't wait, just wish I didn't have to wait until April :wallbash:

Come on April....

Matt.

I thought this was going to be an SLS thread :D

But a C63 is a bit more practical - nice choice!

great taste

was at Brooklands today. There was a C63 Estate with the 18" wheels and a C63 saloon with 19" multispoke wheels. The 19" were leagues better looking.

A car has to have the right shoes, just like a woman has to wear the right shoes.

19" is so much nicer.

Alpaca Grey would go very well with Fire Opal Red

Red calipers is a bit AMG trying to be a Porsche .. why?

But all IMHO

There will be an SLS parked next to my C63, but only in the office car park - my business partner has already placed his £50k deposit on the SLS and gets the second car that Greenoaks receive, so that should be good :)

C240Sport97 - I didn't think of that, I'm not far from Brooklands so I will pop in and have a look at their C63's, but I I'm sure you are right that the multi-spokes will look better.

I know what you mean RE red calipers, trouble is they only come in red with the performance pack plus! I guess they are trying to differentiate the composite ones with a different colour now days, just like Porsche do!

I know what you mean RE red calipers, trouble is they only come in red with the performance pack plus! I guess they are trying to differentiate the composite ones with a different colour now days, just like Porsche do!

Porsche ceramics are yellow :)

red calipers and red car .. too much red?

ask them not to paint calipers red so you have unique car .. AMG will do anything for a price. Saw an E63 with red calipers .. looked naff (not maff!)

Pah! too common these things.

Take a good look at the interior. All black is a bit too much.

The ipod stuff comes with the COMAND so don't be conned into paying out for a set of leads.

I am doing the Brooklands experince at 10am on 23 Dec.

You getting it badged or debadged?

Porsche ceramics are yellow :)

red calipers and red car .. too much red?

ask them not to paint calipers red so you have unique car .. AMG will do anything for a price. Saw an E63 with red calipers .. looked naff (not maff!)

I don't know, I have a thing about red cars and calipers! ;);) :p

DSC00804.sized.jpg

Pah! too common these things.

Take a good look at the interior. All black is a bit too much.

The ipod stuff comes with the COMAND so don't be conned into paying out for a set of leads.

I am doing the Brooklands experince at 10am on 23 Dec.

You getting it badged or debadged?

Hmm, I asked the dealer about the iPod thing and he said to have the tele pre-wire - I only use the basic bluetooth hands free so if I ditch the tele-pre wire can I still plug the iPod in to the COMAND system??

Just been looking at the photo's of your very nice new beast, and now I prefer the 18" alloys again! Damn!!

Welcome to the wait my new c320cdi sport won't be here till April :doh:
i went obsidion black with black leather, can't wait to see it in red

Matt-sounds nice, do you know about the meet in Weybridge next weekend?

Bluetooth works with COMAND. The multi-media socket and cables are part of it and replace the AUX in the glovebox. You get 3 leads, one iPod, one USB and one 3.5mm Jack. or it maybe a 1.5mm jack.....well cable with a socket at the end. All connect inot upper part of glovebox.

Pre-wire adds the bit inside the arm rest for the cradle. I have (typically) a phone that uses the cradle in bluetooth mode. The cradle does do charging tho. If you have a phone that you can get a cradle for, that may be the way to go, if not, perhaps it is not worth the bother. I am sure the pre-wire does something with reading out text messages, but the only thing I can find it does it read out TMC text. Not sure if that is related to Linguitronic.

The iPhone apparently requires some additional volume when you use it compared to other phones, my dealer said. I don't have an iPhone so didn't listen to why. Could be nonsense.

The COMAND only rips CD's if they are WMA's or MP3's to put into it's music register which appears to be 6gb.

Car now has iPod lead in, and 6 dvd's in. Still adding my rubbish music to the iPod.

Gorgeous car Maff. I had one for an hour on the AMG experience - about 2 minutes into it, forgot it was an estate. You'll love hoofing it about !

Slight boast coming up.....

Didn't have much time on the wet circle, but got a window when one of the other cars let us go on it. I drove on, kicked out the rear, did two complete loops sideways, and then drove off. Got a nice round of applause from the other instructor in the other car !!

It's such a great car to control - really nicely balanced.

Love the Red colour choice btw.....

couple of things.

don't change the exterior colour or the red calipers will show up like a chav car.

Don't forget the LSD oil needs throwing away after the first 3000miles.

Well after 4 years of non-Mercedes ownership I today placed my order and deposit for a new Mercedes!!! Now just the long wait until March/April next year until it is delivered.

After getting fed up with the (very good I must admit) BMW diesel the crave for a V8 was too strong, and after a long weekend with a C63 AMG on demo there was nothing more I could do, except place an order! :bannana:

Spec as follows:
C63 AMG Estate
Fire Opel Red (yes I know, not Black or Silver) :dk:
Black Nappa Interior
Performance Pack Plus (new option for 2010, with the engine upgrades from the upcoming SLS, power up to near 500bhp)
Red painted brake calipers
Designo Nappa dash and doors, (replaces anything that is plastic with nappa leather)
Birds Eye Maple Wood trim
Harmon Kardon Surround Sound System
Telephone Pre Wire and iPod dock
Command System
AMG Floor Mats
Parktronic Front and Rear
Sun blinds for rear windows
Privacy glass
Luxury Climate front and rear

I have gone with the standard 18" AMG alloys, but I'm not sure they will suit the car, so may change to the optional 19" multispoke wheels, I just need to find some photos of a C63 Estate with the standard and optional wheels so I can make up my mind.

I really can't wait, just wish I didn't have to wait until April :wallbash:

Come on April....

Matt.

Save yourself the wait and a few quid...........? Mercedes : Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG (Perf Pack) "The Red Baron"

Well done Maff. Jealous again!

nice one Maff, welcome back to the fold

Nice!!

You just don't see enough red MBs, let alone red AMGs. A brave choice but I'm sure it will look sensational. The performance pack sounds interesting too.

I can't believe four years has passed since you sold-out on us!! Time flies!!

Looking forward to the photos...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom