I'm defecting!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drbsheffield

After a fairly short stint in my CLK 320, I have just ordered a new BMW 123d M sport. I love the CLK it is a really beautiful car, it is just I am having to use my car more now for work and with the fuel prices being what they are and some very attractive deals from BMW, I am crossing to the other side!
Drove the 123d yesterday, it is amazing, 0-60 in 6.9 seconds really quiet and refined and got 46.3mpg on my test drive, the car was literally out of the compound so this is about as bad as it gets I guess!

Will still pop by this brilliant forum!

tell us more about the brilliant BMW deals.

I assume you are getting the 1 series coupe?

After a fairly short stint in my CLK 320, I have just ordered a new BMW 123d M sport. I love the CLK it is a really beautiful car, it is just I am having to use my car more now for work and with the fuel prices being what they are and some very attractive deals from BMW, I am crossing to the other side!
Drove the 123d yesterday, it is amazing, 0-60 in 6.9 seconds really quiet and refined and got 46.3mpg on my test drive, the car was literally out of the compound so this is about as bad as it gets I guess!

Will still pop by this brilliant forum!

Someone at work was talking about the new 123d. I still don't like the look of them (although the M-sport is almost ok) but you can't fault its performance.

I'm yet to read up about it but I've heard that it is seriously quick in gear and will have the 130i beat. I'm sure it wont be long before DMS has a chip for it to push it beyond 260bhp.

I am getting a 123d M sport in white, 3 door not the coupe, not too fussed about the coupe to be honest, have specced full leather, heated seats and the upgraded 18 inch wheels.
Buying it through PCP, I know that people are not keen but they are doing £1000 deposit contribution and 9% APR which is not too bad, and to be honest you lose whatever on cars anyway so I don't bother too much. Anyway.... Because of the high residuals and doing my research on the internet ended up getting a fantastic deal with a huge discount (even though they were saying that they would not discount the 123d!!!!) I purcahsed my CLK on HP and am paying the same on the new BM, but have the peace of mind with the warranty etc not to mention the running costs!
It is a factory built car with deliver scheduled for the 7th of December, managed to get a car that is spec ammendable just about to go into build.

I can't wait!

that's the launch colour, and very lovely it is too.

white is really the new black

I am getting a 123d M sport in white, 3 door not the coupe,

BMW are also offering kit cars ????:confused:

Hello,

As mentioned DMS will have that remapped soon enough, probably looking at close on 6 seconds to 60, 50mpg and buckets of torque.

Enjoy it and post some pics when you get it.

Cheers

I use a BMW forum regularly as my other car is a 328i and am amazed at the issues with BM diesels - they have a nasty tendency to commit hara-kiri! Hope yours is one of the exceptions. :eek:

The spiritual forerunner to the One series... :D

However, this looks good!

Attachments

• when-I-were-a-lad.jpg
    when-I-were-a-lad.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Nah! this is the true spiritual forerunner:-

Attachments

• Austin_Allegro_Estate.JPG
    Austin_Allegro_Estate.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 86
That twin turbo in the 123d does sound a peach of an engine, though. Do let us know how you get on with it.

I use a BMW forum regularly as my other car is a 328i and am amazed at the issues with BM diesels - they have a nasty tendency to commit hara-kiri! Hope yours is one of the exceptions.
:eek:

BMW sorted out the inlet manifold swirl flap problem some time ago.They are plastic and break up and causing carnage in the engine.The main engine affected was the 150 BHP version of the 4 cylinder.
Turbos can go pop in any application.Fuel injectors can be on the way out at 100k plus.

adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom