Im going to be a dad (again) - How do I book a flight?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HughJarse, Nov 16, 2007.

1. HughJarse

HughJarse MB Enthusiast

Car:
    c250
    As title I am going to be a dad again next may,and I want to book plane tickets - How do I book tickets for a baby with no name, passport etc??

Has anyone experienced this???

2. television

television Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    R230 SL500
    ☺ Well congratulations anyway
    ۞۞۞ ۞۞۞
    ۞۞۞§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§§۞۞۞

3. kjay

kjay Active Member

Car:
    C200k Coupe 2003
    Yes, Congratulations!!

I became a Grandad this week - at the age of 42!!!:D :mad:

It's all good realy though, Little fella is fine and I get the excuse to be a miserable old Git.:D

PS. .... And if I hear another 'pipe and slippers joke..:rolleyes:

Jay

4. A210AMG

A210AMG MB Enthusiast

Hello

Congrads,

We hd to sort a passport for our little one this summer quickly as she was born then we were off to France (road trip). You can pay extra for the post office to validate your details or pay extra again so to have a week turnaround. Ours was around £90 but you DO need birth certificate and a proper passport photo (ours was done at Jessops) as they can be quite stricked on the photo.

You maybe able to book the flight as don't think it will ask for passport info but Birthday? so your still stuck...

Cheers

5. marcos

marcos MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C43 estate
    Firstly Congratulations:bannana: :bannana:

You may want to talk to the Home Office or UK Passport service. I'm not sure if children can still travel on your passport or not but I'm fairly sure they should be able to help. The airlines must come across this problem so it may well be worth talking to BA or someone half decent to get their veiws.

6. fredfloggle

fredfloggle Banned

You can't , but the passport can be issued very quickly. You could hold off a ticket in another name so long as the airline allows pax changes.

7. fredfloggle

fredfloggle Banned

No , long since gone in the UK - children travel on their own passports even new born.

8. fredfloggle

fredfloggle Banned

You can get it same day at Peterboro passport office , possible but not guaranteed at Petit France office.

9. OP
    OP
    HughJarse

HughJarse MB Enthusiast

Car:
    c250
    OK I have the answer - turns out easyjet dont even ask for the infants name - it simply says infant and you ring with passport number before you go..

10. BTB 500

BTB 500 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
    Blimey, I'm 47 and about to become a dad for the first time (4 weeks to go)!

11. fredfloggle

fredfloggle Banned

If you had said Easyjet rather than "airline" ......

You could alternatively wait until you get a bit closer to the date if you are booking with sleezyjet, OK , you may pay a little more by not booking until the baby is conceived but at least you will have everything in order ready for the ticket.
    I would personally book a seat for junior rather than on your lap.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  12. fredfloggle

fredfloggle Banned

I'm 40 with two children - you are more than welcome to have those too if you wish - an instant ready made family.

Good luck!

13. marcos

marcos MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C43 estate
    I was told in the summer that Petit France no longer offers same day turnaround only peterborough.

14. BTB 500

BTB 500 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
    Thanks but I did the instant family bit already! Got two step-kids aged 5 & 7 :)

15. fredfloggle

fredfloggle Banned

that's what I said.....

Can someone please take the kids?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2007
  16. gl boy

gl boy MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes ML 350 , E220 cabriolet Amg premium plus , Porsche 968 sports
    congratulations and celebrations (AS SAID BY SIR CLIFF)havn't aclue about the passport problem though.regards jon

17. toolman1954

toolman1954 MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2003 320 CDI Avantgarde, 1997 312d Sprinter
    If this off topic then I must apologise- But I raise the question, "Is it fair to other passengers to take young children on airplanes". "Why should other passengers suffer the discomfort of a screaming, crying child in a confined space when all they want is a peaceful and quiet flight"??
    My sad tale is this---- That on friday 9th November I took the Easyjet 7 pm flight from Edinburgh to Luton, this was a full flight and very few seats were left by the time I got on.I ended up on a window seat, with an empty seat next to me and and a woman on the end seat. I noticed on the opposite seats a man with 2 noisy children and a woman on the aisle seat that I then assumed to be mother, and at the time I thought "Glad I am not near the them " !!
    So, the doors closed, and we get ready for the safety talk, and the woman on the aisle seat says to the man with the noisy children "You better give him to me he can sit here in this empty seat". WHAT !!! My jaw dropped and a deep sense of doom and gloom came over me, my worst nightmare is a plane ride with a child near to me, I always avoid children, but this time fate had played a cruel twist.
    What followed was worse than a nightmare, this devil child aged perhaps about 5 did not want to leave his father and commenced a tirade of screaming, shouting, crying and yowling, and this only increased in volume when mother tried to put his seat belt on. This only made matters worse, he managed to get up,standing on the seat and then became hysterical, kicking and flaying his arms about, and I was getting a severe battering from him. I was not amused, I was seething I was couped up against the window and not able to move out of the way and was getting the brunt of this childs actions and getting very very annoyed that the mother could exert some control over her child. Of course by this tiime, the safety talk was over and everyone was looking, and cabin staff were telling the woman to calm the child and put his seat belt on so that the flight could take off, otherwise they would have to be put off the flight and cause even more delay to all passengers. The scenario continued for at least another 5 minutes, and then the woman on the aisle seat next to the mother offerred to exchange seats with the child to let him go back to be with his father. What a heroine. Eventually, another 5 minutes, he was calmed and his seat belt was fitted and at last the flight was able to get underway.
    I thanked the woman profusely, she said that she felt sorry for my predicament as there was no where else for me to go and it was obvious that the child just wanted his father.
    Not once did either parent offer any apologies to me for the aural and physical battering I received, but then such are the manners of the younger generation.--- I reflected that if I had carried on on such a fashion, screaming and shouting, when I was young then my mother would have soon delivered swift justice. But of course such action is now frowned upon almost 50 years later.
    Anyway dear reader, with apologies for its length, my tale is told, my rant is over and perhaps I feel better now.
    I would add that my g/f says that I sound like the Punch and Judy man out of Hi De Hi at times, isnt it fun to be a grumpy old man !!!
    So until my next flight in a few weeks --------------- (and congratulations to HughJarse on the new arrival, and apologies for the thread hijack)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  18. fredfloggle

fredfloggle Banned

Where do you live? I want to buy you a pint.

And the worse thing is a pair of wet parents who sit there while Junior screams his **** off without suffocating the little bugger with the life jacket.

Don't be afraid to voice your discontent - tell the cabin staff that you have paid good money for the seat - if anyone objects then let them sit next to the little sod.
    Alternatively ask permission to give them a right good smacking yourself.

19. Colin_b

Colin_b MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C250CDI (C320CDI & SLK350, Sold) & the Trusty Citigo
    If my kids behaved like that, well, I wouldn't let them.
    Being a parent is hardest job there is (got the T shirt for that), but there is no excuse for parental behaviour like that. We aren't all like that.

20. fredfloggle

fredfloggle Banned

OK Colin - off you go , give them a right good hiding .

Tags: