I'm I using the wrong size tyres !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jnorton

Hi

I have a C320 ( W203 ) Elegance model and it currently runs on 205/55/16 tyres ..

BUT

on the inside of the filler cap it states 225/50/16 !! now I know these are wider, but when I bought this from Merc Direct they had new tires fitted all round, before I collected the car. Does this mean they just put 205's on to keep the cosrt down and do you think it would be better to have the 225's fitted when the tires are due ( the rear ones are ready for replacment in a month or so )

Also, what is the widest size of tyre I can go to front and rear before I get any rubbing etc.. I do not want to have any mods done.. ?

Thanks

jnorton said:
Hi

I have a C320 ( W203 ) Elegance model and it currently runs on 205/55/16 tyres ..

BUT

on the inside of the filler cap it states 225/50/16 !! now I know these are wider, but when I bought this from Merc Direct they had new tires fitted all round, before I collected the car. Does this mean they just put 205's on to keep the cosrt down and do you think it would be better to have the 225's fitted when the tires are due ( the rear ones are ready for replacment in a month or so )

Also, what is the widest size of tyre I can go to front and rear before I get any rubbing etc.. I do not want to have any mods done.. ?

Thanks

205/55/16 sounds ok for the 320. The 225/50 were optional tyres. ill check when i get home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom