I'm missing the little green car!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lisa110rry

Car
1999 SLK Kompressor and a Honda CRV (the latter gone but not forgotten)
This is the first year since I bought her in May 2013 that I've missed driving the little green car post October 1st when she goes into the garage and the Honda comes out and sensible driving recommences. They are both old, but my rural driving pattern has always suggested to me that I should put the greenie away on 30 September and bring out the lovely old CR-V for winter driving. Mind you, I suppose it gives me something lovely to look forward to on 1st April, and I always have a forlorn hope that in the meantime someone will make a compelling case to Car SOS to bring her up to perfect standard, but to be fair I think she's just not bad enough. A bit of rust, the need for a rear light cluster, and refurbed wheels, that's about it.

Does anyone else do the 'get her out for summer' thing? If so, pictures in summer please. Maybe I'm just regretting the onset of winter...

Lisa, it's well worth the sacrifice. There's always some good to come from bad. Only 51 days to go! :bannana:

Ant. :D

Good point, if only I could ask for a rear light cluster for Christmas!

Hold on, I can!

What sort of calendar do you have in Scotland?:D

A big 'countdown to Christmas' calender. :p

And only 27 days until the Dec's go up. :bannana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Our 'bells' lights will go up outside the house on 1 December and the hearth will be well decorated on that day, but we do not do a tree, rather a long container with sticks, with lights. I started the stocks thing in 2001, so before it became fashionable, call me a fashion icon, lol!

Sorry to hijack your thread Lisa.

We Cani bloomin wait. :eek:

I reckon it's compulsory that everyone should have a upgrade/mending list for winter! I have many things that need doing to the fleet..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I used to do a similar thing - alternating between my Fiat Barchetta in the summer and a Subaru Impreza in the winter (4WD and a tin roof!)..

Cheers,

Gaz

When I had the SLK55 it came out when the sky was good enough to have weather I could drop the roof in. Didn't matter if it was summer or winter.

and it once impressed me by crawling up the road to my house, with my foot flat to the floor and about 1rpm on it while it sorted out the issues in the snow and gave a very nice slow drive up the hill. very impressed.

and of course the airscarf helped.

So get the car back out.

Nah, Scumbag, I'll leave her in the garage gently "feeding" off the float battery charger. The six months' worth of VED I've saved can go toward the new wheels, which I think will have to wait until spring now.

I have to say I feel much safer in the CR-V in winter as I career along country roads with big ditches beside them. Lots of mud on the ground from tractors also.

Have seriously requested a rear light cluster from my husband for Christmas, failing that, boot struts so I don't bang my head with the boot again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom